Help Needed: New To Forum

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help Needed: New To Forum

Postby TerrierLady » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:16 pm

I am a former resident of UK living in EU & was in receipt of Incapacity Benefit.

UK authorities arranged for me to have a medical in the country I am residing in. Doctor that examined me told me that I was unfit for work, due to numerous health problems. Report was sent to Uk.

DWP informed me I had limited capability for work. I have written, phoned on several occasions. asking for a full explanation.

I notice on some posts that people have received scores etc, I have not. This has been going on since December 2011. My GP sent a report etc with my appeal. I have just received a letter saying their decision has not changed.

Am I entitled to a copy of my medical reports, scores etc ?

Any help would be much appreciated. I am not on Facebook so would be grateful for answers on here.

Thank You.
TerrierLady
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help Needed: New To Forum

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Terrier Lady , there are a lot of grey areas now with benefits, i was moved off Incapacity recently to ESA which is the new benefit, I suggest that you take a look at Fightback on facebook who help people with problems with benefits and they have a lot of help pages on their forum.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Terrier Lady notice you are not on facebook, would suggest you join if only temperarily, as fightback are the best people to give you advice they do have a forum http://fightback.boards.net/ they have a lot of advice on benefits etc you could find what you need there
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary TerrierLady :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm sorry to hear that DWP and Atos's influences have managed to reach you overseas :( :( :( :(

You are entitled to ask for copies of all the paperwork relating to your migration from IncapBen to ESA, incl a Statement of Reasons which explains how the fate they deemed applicable to you was arrived at. It is the info from the paperwork that people who are disputing/appealing their decisions use to pull apart the fantasies and fairy stories that Atos and DWP written about them. As you can probably tell, they are amongst some of the most despised and detested organisations we have at the moment :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

To get a copy of the Statement of Reasons etc, you need to speak to DWP again and request that they be sent to you as soon as possible, then take things from there.

Hope that is of some help to you. There is lots of other info and advice about the benefits system, how to challenge decisions etc on this board, as well as FM~related advice and suggestions across the rest of the forum, so have a look round and see what there is.

Anything else you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TerrierLady » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Garyl & Fluffypuppy,

Thank you so much for your replies & help.
TerrierLady
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits