Another ATOS form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another ATOS form

Postby scartlass » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I sent off my "medical assessment" form today...I have had 2 previous assessments ...in 1, I got 0 points and the last one I got 6 point so went tribunal with both and won..since then my fibro and my depression has got worse.... Now I'm really worried that if I have to appeal I won't get any money as I can't go on JSA as I'm unable to work...so what are we supposed to live on? I can't believe they are treating sick people like this!!! :crazy: :crazy:
scartlass
UKFM Member

Re: Another ATOS form

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi, when you have to go to appeal you are put on flat rate ESA of 71 quid a week until your appeal comes up and also send in sick notes from your gp until you get a date for your tribunal,this happened to me last year,I was taken off my money in the January but didn't have my appeal till the October,I won :lol: and was put in the support group which meant I got the extra 40 quid per week backdated, still hopefully you will not go there, good luck :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:13 am

clubsound4 wrote:Hi, when you have to go to appeal you are put on flat rate ESA of 71 quid a week until your appeal comes up and also send in sick notes from your gp until you get a date for your tribunal,this happened to me last year,I was taken off my money in the January but didn't have my appeal till the October,I won :lol: and was put in the support group which meant I got the extra 40 quid per week backdated, still hopefully you will not go there, good luck :-D

Anyone who gets a fail decison after a WCA from 28th October won't be paid appeal rate until a reconsideration is first completed by a decison maker and there's no set time in place for how long that will take.

Hopefully you will get straight through this time Scartlass. The only option avaialable seems to be JSA if you are desperate financially , but you can ask for reasonable adjustments to be made on your job seekers agreement. As you've a bit of paper sayng you've been asessed as fit for work they can't refuse you. As long as you don't arrive to claim JSA and decare at the outset you're unfit for any work . It's a difficult one, and think we'll soon be seeing loads of posts from people in difficulty.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby scartlass » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 am

Hi thanks for your replies... yes I'm sure there will be lots of people in trouble including my self..can't believe they are allowed to do this... As Atos think 99.9% of people are fit for work we are heading for a lot of hardship.. :cry:
scartlass
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits