[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - not going to tribunal

not going to tribunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not going to tribunal

Postby ouchiemama » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Hey guys, I just got my letter about my appeal for ESA, it says I dont have to go to the tribunal & it will be decided without me there.....just wondering if anyone has chosen not to go & what the outcome was??

Thanks in advance for any info. xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: not going to tribunal

Postby whoami » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Just wondering .....did they say you did not have to go or did they say it was your decision to appear or not?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 pm

It said it is my decision if I want to go or not...
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 am

If it said you have the choice to go or not and they would make the decision without you there.....then I would think they will make a decision without you representing yourself and giving your evidence.

In my opinion...I would want to be there to make sure they have all and correct information.

When I had all my hearings they all said it was my right to attend or not attend the hearings. This is in Canada however but the wording means the same....they are giving you the opportunity to represent yourself or not.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

Cab and welfare rights always advise that it is better for you to attend the tribunal. That way if they have any questions they can ask you. Attending can make the difference between winning your tribunal or not xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 am

The choice is yours as to whether you attend your hearing or not, and which ever option you go with there will be associated worries to contend with.

If you were to attend, it would mean the panel can ask you about things they feel are relevant to your appeal, whereas not attending means they don't have this opportunity and so can only use what is contained in your file to base their decision on. Also being there can mean that you are given a decision there and then, rather than having to wait for it to come thru the post.

I can recall reading some figures a while ago that said something along the lines of 68% of appeal hearings that are attended by the claimee are successful compared to something like 30% being successful that weren't attended. These numbers have probably changed to a degree now, but the general consensus still seems to be that attending is the best option.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with whichever way you decide to go :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby migrembe » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:54 am

They may also think, that if you are well enough to attend the tribunal you are well enough to go to work. I told i was too unwell to go. As i was granted DLA from a home visit about the time, i think they agreed with them.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Because mine was an injury at work that triggered the fibro I was having hearings for the government pension as well as the workers compensation.

At the final hearing with the government I was really not well that day. I went and sat watching the morning hearings mind was to be later on. Anyway, during someone elses hearing all of a sudden the 3 judges started talking to one another. Next thing...one of the judges stopped the other persons hearing and said to me that I really did not look well and due to my constant rocking ( i didn't realize I was doing it) I obviously needed to lie down. They told me where I could lie down. They had said my hearing would be bumped up and that it would be next. I never had a hearing the government lawyer came up to us and offered 100%.

With the hearing for workers compensation, basically the same thing. One person deciding though and before I said a word she said my file evidence indicated that in her mind I should receive. 100% .

It can only be your decision. Whatever that may be good luck!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Thank you for all your advice :-D

I think I am going to go to it, its better to get the chance to put my points across!

Freaking out about it though!! :yikes: :yikes: xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Don't get yourself worked up. These things really are not as bad as they sound. I have had my share, LOL

Just go be yourself, answer questions honestly. Definitely don't exaggerate, also though don't leave anything out.

Just have the thought in your mind that if you get approval it is a bonus and if you don't then you are no worse off than now. It sounds weird but if you let go in your mind you will be more relaxed about the whole procedure.

When is your hearing?
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby relf1960 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 pm

My worst fears about my tribunal are, 1. Im afraid of being too ill that day to go . 2. Im afraid i will look n feel a picture of health on day. Lol. Cant win can i. Suppose im hoping for a middling day then!
relf1960
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits