New job, old job and sickness review....

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New job, old job and sickness review....

Postby jools1903 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Currently I attempt to work full time (not very successfully I might add) but have been offered a new job withing the same hospital trust which is for 23 hours a week over 2 days or 2 nights. The job I do now means I have to be in the department for 42.5 hours a week so will be cutting my hours by nearly 50% :-)

I am currently under sickness review as I have just had to have a month off due to Fibro and am on phased return for another week, then I have to return to full time hours :cry: I have sickness review meeting on October 23rd.

I have been to Occy Health today who say that they feel I can no longer work full time and should speak with my line manager about doing reduced hours until I start my new job. I spoke with her this afternoon and she said that I stand a chance of getting a writing warning if I do reduced hours and that it could flag up on my reference for my new post.

I am waiting for the offer for new job in writing and know that HR will do references and Occy Health Declaration of Health before sending offer letter out - Occy Health have said that they will deem me fit for work in the new post as I am doing the right thing by reducing my hours. So I need to try and work full time until the offer letter lands on my doormat, but I can't help worrying that it will all go wrong and that the offer will be rescinded :cry:

Can anyone advise please?
jools1903
UKFM Member

Re: New job, old job and sickness review....

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:18 pm

hi :wave: and :welcome: jools,

sorry, not much of a help here
hope there are others here on the forum who work(ed) in hospitals and went through the same

I used to be under sickness review and the pressure my (ex-)employer was putting on was unbelievable
by then I was already member of a union
this was quite helpful because my rep knew how stuff works etc and represented me in various meetings

when you say "you were offered a new job" what does it actually mean? can others apply too? is it only internal?

you say your Occu doc feels you can no longer work full time - your management has to take the Occu doc's advise into consideration
and threatening that you stand a chance of getting a written warning etc looks like bullying ... "could flag up ..." looks like intimidating

could you get another sick note from your GP to elongate your time of "phased return"
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby janbee » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi jools, it sounds to me as they are trying to bully you, you should go see your union rep they should help you and keep you right,I worked for the nhs and they tried to bully me to, I got paid off in April this year through ill health after being off sick for 10 months,hope all goes well for you x
janbee
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:29 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things get sorted quickly and you can start your new job before anything negative happens with your current one
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jools1903 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks for the replies it really helps to have other opinions/views.

Yes, Occy Health have said that working full time is no longer an option. When I mentioned this to my line manager she said that the department would not be able to accommodate me reducing my hours so I would probably get a written warning etc etc.

I am dreading the sickness review on the 23rd especially if I have not had the offer letter through for the new job :cry:
jools1903
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

hi Jools,

just read your question to Brian

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18276

the new contract you received is this for the offer for the new p/t job you were looking for?
or is it a renewal for the old one (f/t)?

an idea might be to think it through over the weekend instead of sending it off today
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits