esa from ib query

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa from ib query

Postby sank9 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm

I have had to fill in a esa50 to transfer from ib to esa. This was returned mid August but I rang them today and the woman was really quite rude when she told me it hadn't been looked at yet. I am worried that the change in rule about the appeals from Oct 25 will leave me with no ib. When I asked the woman at jcp about this she said she'd not heard anything about any changes and was very abrupt and didn't seem to care either! I am on hr care and mobility dla so I get income support and I am wondering if that will increase if they stop my ib/esa. Thanks
sank9
UKFM Newbie

Re: esa from ib query

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Sorry that they seem unhelpful, i rang when i was changed over and it did not cause many problems, however if you are worried fill in a esa 3 i think it is, it has given me a benefit increase.

They should help you so do not panic.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Kyomii » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 pm

If they remove your IB With IS topup, your IS would likely stop. If it remains, yes it will increase to what the law states you need to live on, but as it is a topup it would more than likely stop. Try to take each day as it comes, they haven't looked yet, so you have no idea if you need to appeal.
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby sank9 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I get income support as a result of getting dla not incap so from what you have said it should increase then?
sank9
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits