Advice needed......working but cant cope

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice needed......working but cant cope

Postby shelly-biddle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:15 am

Hi all,

Im quite new to this lovely condition but am aleeady finding it difficult to cope. I work 24 hours a week (4 hours a day for 6 days) as a cleaner. I am feeling a little lost at the moment as im really struggling. By the time I finish im knackered and need sleep, then im lagging in my housework and feel to tired to look after my daughter amd husband. I suppose my question is...is there any point in claiming esa or pip? I would be eternally grateful for any input.

Much love and gentle hugs.

Shelly xx :fingerscrossed:
shelly-biddle
UKFM Newbie

Re: Advice needed......working but cant cope

Postby Garyl » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 am

You should try claiming ESA and PIP , Although i know little regards pip been told to claim pip myself, I get esa saying that Fibromyalgia is one of a number of health complaints Fibro is just one of them.

If you can get your doctor to write a support letter for esa it will help, I have the misfortune to have osteo arthritis, severe asthma, drop foot and other problems with Fibromyalgia.

Hope you cab get some help
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:47 am

Shelly..I don't know about the pension in the. UK very much. I will say that you need to listen to your body and if it is telling you to relax then you need to cut back on your work no matter if you get a pension or not. Take care, Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 pm

You can always look into applying for ESA and PIP, advisers from Citizens Advice and other similar groups/organisations will be able to go thru things with you, and may even be able to help with completing forms etc.

Wrt to work and how it is leaving you when you get home, have you looked into things like juggling your hours and days that you work around to see if can help. For some reducing the number of hours they work can help (altho I know this isn't always an option available to people.) Others have find that juggling their hours around to that they have more time off can help as this additional time can be used to split the number of days/shifts up that they work together thru the week, giving them a bit of a break and rest in the middle of things. Talking to your supervisor/employer about this would help with options available, how they could be implemented etc.

When at home, you could try pacing thru the day, where you do something for a period of time, then take a break, then start doing something again. The amount of time something is done for all depends on what the individual, but as a guide, should be based on how long you can manage to do something without it making you feel worse. You may also be able to implement a pacing plan in your work as well, which could ripple out and help with things at home as well, meaning you're in a better position to spend more time with your family. Also, depending on the age of your daughter, you could give her some little jobs to do, maybe with some sort of little reward for each one completed. Same with hubby, depending on what your capabilities are, there could be a thing or 2 that he could do, taking some of the onus off you. Even the smallest thing that you don't have to do can help make a difference to how you feel.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Brightside » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:19 pm

It's well worth finding out if you have a local disability rights organisation. They offer excellent support and advice to all disabled people including us.
Brightside
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits