How long does the new PIP claim take?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How long does the new PIP claim take?

Postby 6611160 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

How long after submitting the forms should I wait before starting to call & ask about progress?
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:30 am

salimrashid wrote:Can anybody tell me how long it takes after the pip medical. To hear from them.

I think it all depends on your area to how long you will hear after a medical. Some wait a few weeks, some wait for months :shock: your best of calling up every few weeks to see how the decision is going.

6611160 wrote:How long after submitting the forms should I wait before starting to call & ask about progress?

Again all depends on the area dealing with the forms. Im in Hertfordshire yet its the Basildon offices that deal with the claim and there telling me its a 21 week wait JUST to get an appointment for a medical :yikes:

I would call up to make sure they recieved forms (if not heard by post) or call anyways and ask how long a wait you'll be in for then call back a few weeks before the time given.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Hang in there mine took ages, it was put in end if June 2013 in October 2013 I was seen by ATOS then in December I got the standard turns down letter, I asked for a copy of the ATOS report and for someone to call me after I had recieved it, I'm glad I did as in the report they claimed they had physically examined me and my back was mobile but in the initial report there was no mention of either, there was quite a lot that didn't occur and there was also thing very important in the initial report that was missed out or changed for the scoring report, when they took this into consideration they approved the claim, I would say if it's refused make sure to ask for a copy of the ATOS report and read through it carefully

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Kate25 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 pm

I phoned in Sept 2013, had face to face beginning of January 2014 and on my last phone call last week, the claim was in 'audit'. I think it depends whether you are under Atos or Capita, and also what part of the country you live will affect the timescale :-?
Kate25
UKFM Newbie

Postby choppergirlie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 pm

I started my PIP claim 12 months ago on Monday. My assessment was at home by Capita and my report was sent to DWP yesterday. It has taken lots of phone calls from myself and my MP who has been really supportive. My last call was on the 9th September where I told them I was going to the National Press. The next day my report had been sent. If need be go down the same route. It seems the only way to get it sorted out. Good luck. Xx
choppergirlie
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits