ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA

Postby tashnella » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I recently returned ESA forms and have been waiting for the usual tribunal appeal process. My payments have remained the same and I have not heard anything else. My brother and son are both on the same benefit as me but they receive £100 a month more than me. Is there any point me getting in touch with dwp to see if I can get my benefit reviewed?
tashnella
UKFM Member

Re: ESA

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Tashnella request a ESA3 form fill it in get help to do it it could help get you more, i did when i got one ended up £9 a week better off
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby sapphirerose71 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:17 pm

You will be on basic rate ESA until you win your appeal, I'm in the same position as you and not for the first time. If you win you should be put on the higher rate and you may well get a rebate for the difference from the date that you were initially turned down after the medical. I did last time but things may have changed by now. It's a nightmare trying to live on the basic rate :(
Good luck with your appeal :goodluck1: :hugs:
sapphirerose71
UKFM Member

Postby tashnella » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 pm

My payments have stayed the same, no letters requesting sick notes or that I need to attend a medical, everything just the same. I think if I had gone to a medical and been turned down and gone through the whole appeal process I would have been truly stressed but would my payments have gone up? Can't sleep thinking about it. Help!!
tashnella
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

With you saying
tashnella wrote:I recently returned ESA forms and have been waiting for the usual tribunal appeal process.
and then
tashnella wrote:My payments have stayed the same, no letters requesting sick notes or that I need to attend a medical, everything just the same.
It sounds like your original claim form could be stuck in a backlog waiting to be assessed for the next stage of the process. This would possibly explain why you haven't received any other correspondence from them and why you're still receiving what I am guessing is the assessment rate. If your brother and son have gone thru the assessment process and been awarded ESA, this would explain why they receive a higher amount than you currently are.

To find out more you will need to contact the office dealing with your claim, their number should be on any letters etc that you have received from them, and ask for an update.

Just how recently is recently??? Just wondering as altho a claim is supposed to be assessed and decided within a 13 week frame, there are many, many backlogs, meaning that things are taking months beyond the time frame.

In your first post, it sounds like you're expecting it to go straight on to an appeal :-? :-? :-? This doesn't happen, each claim has to be looked at, with the claimant attending an Atos assessment if necessary, then a DecisionMaker looks at everything and determines what fate you will be issued with. It's only once you receive this decision and disagree with it that the reconsideration/appeals step becomes effective.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits