reconsideration

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

reconsideration

Postby scartlass » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi all.

Does anyone know what we are supposed to live on while they are reconsidering our ESA forms, I sent my ESA form off the start of October, so I'm guessing I will get 0 points and have to ask for a reconsideration and as there is no time limit on how long that will take, I could be with out money for quite some time.

If I apply for JSA I'm not sure I will get it as I can't look for work, so what are people meant to do? I have had 2 previous tribunals both of them I won.

So I'm worried what will happen now

Hugs to all
xx
scartlass
UKFM Member

Re: reconsideration

Postby daisies » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I am waiting for my appeal hearing should be due soon, they did say 19 weeks its coming up to that beginning of December. I have the CAB representing me so am hopeful. If not do not know what to do.
daisies
UKFM Member

Postby lindajnaden. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:03 pm

good luck to all . It is stupid, they left me without money for weeks and weeks they told me to go and get jsa i went signed on they where sympathetic and new there is realy no job i can do but it was money each week, BUT i ended up in hospital had an opperation i am worse after this because the anesthetic has brought on a bad attack of fb, and now back on easa, 10 weeks on and i am worse then ever. I just dont know where to turn, Lindi x :(
lindajnaden.
UKFM Newbie

Postby wendy10 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 pm

good luck i done mine in march they said no so had to appeal for esa.. came back last week with not allowed i have fibro.arthritis,bulging disc in the neck,pelvic instability, lumbar dysfunction and curvature of the spine... cant get esa.. or pip... or job seekers.. yet they say im fit for work... so i dont think there is anything we can do... if you find out please let me know as im stuck too x
wendy10
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 am

scartlass wrote:Hi all.

Does anyone know what we are supposed to live on while they are reconsidering our ESA forms, I sent my ESA form off the start of October, so I'm guessing I will get 0 points and have to ask for a reconsideration and as there is no time limit on how long that will take, I could be with out money for quite some time.

If I apply for JSA I'm not sure I will get it as I can't look for work, so what are people meant to do? I have had 2 previous tribunals both of them I won.

So I'm worried what will happen now

Hugs to all
xx

Hopefully it won't come to having to appeal. If financially you've no other choice than to sign on for JSA, then you'd have to ask for whatever reasonsable adjustments you'd need to to be included as part of your JSA agreement. Make sure they're not unreasonable mind you, or they'll decline your application as you self declaring yourself fit for work.

That should keep you out of bother for a while, while the reconsideration is being done. Basically you'd only have to look on a couple of job forums , send a couple of CV's out etc. There's loads of ways to comply with JSA conditions short term without ever having a sniff of finding work or even attending an interview. Thousands of people have been on the WP and not found anything in over 2 years, and you've only got to do it for a few weeks before switching back to ESA appeal rate.

It's not an ideal situation but manageable.But try not stress about things that might not happen.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits