help needed with 1st esa form

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help needed with 1st esa form

Postby leigh73 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Im on the last 2 wks of working tax credit as ive left my job due to fibro & fatigue. Ive been to the cab & they helped me fill my esa form in. Do i need to put in all my symptoms that i get with fibro? My sicknote from docs says fibro but i also have a frozen left shoulder from falling over & breaking my ball of the humerous bone, have a damaged trapezious muscle in my right shoulder & lower back pain caused from a car accident. I also have fatigue & depression. Also do i put what meds im on? Ive also been to a heamotologist on monday as my white blood cell count is too low & i have no immune system & im having a bone marrow biopsy in december. The heamotologist said my fibro is seperate from the low white blood count. Do i put all this on my form?
Also esa wont pay me until my working tax runs out but will they sort it in 2 weeks?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks x
leigh73
UKFM Member

Re: help needed with 1st esa form

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 pm

It's not easy to say how long it could take them to sort things out as, whilst they have various time frames that they are supposed to do things within, due to the farcical nature of the system, things can often take longer :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: When they have received your form, you could always give them a call to see if they can give you an idea of how long things may take :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

Wrt symptoms, dx's, treatments etc, when I filled my latest one in, I included everything that I have been dx'd with, all symptoms and problems I have because of them, how long I have been affected, and also details of upcoming appts, treatments, tests etc that I was due to have. Also enclose copies of any letters you have received relating to treatments, upcoming appts etc as the more evidence about things you can throw at them, the better.

Also, when you post the form back to them, at the very least send it by Recorded/Signed For delivery as, whilst it isn't a guaranteed delivery method, it does mean that you can at least track it and see who did sign for it. If you can do so, using Special Delivery is the best option because it is a guaranteed next~day delivery method.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Despite the nightmares and horror stories that are all over t'interweb, news, papers etc, there are claims that do go thru with relative ease first time, hopefully it will like this for yours :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leigh73 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Is it based on the info on this form as to wether they send you an esa 50 ready for a 'medical'? Also i have an autistic child which is hard work & can make my fibro symptoms worse do i need to tell them this? Sorry for so many questions.
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Get in touch with Fightback on Facebook or a local benefits advice officer at the council. Fightback have helped a lot of people they will be able to offer help and advice.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

The info in the form, and from evidence that has been sent along with the ESA1 does go towards deciding whether a claimant will be asked to take part in a Work Capability Assessment, which is when an ESA50 is completed and returned and a medical assessment attended, or whether ‘early entry’ to the Work Capability Assessment can be given, allowing them to be placed in the support group or work-related activity group without needing to attend a medical or complete a questionnaire. This may be, for example, due to:
- having a terminal illness
- having certain types of chemotherapy
- having a very severe illness or disability that qualifies the claimant entry into the support group.

Include details about how looking after your autistic child affects you, explain the ways in which it affects you, how long it can affect you for, how many times during a week you can feel like this, and basically anything else that you think will help with creating that overall picture of what life is like for you.

Don't worry about asking questions, these forms are daunting at the best of times and seem to be designed to send everyone and anyone who is even thinking about looking at the first page completely round the twist :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: You're better to ask and be sure rather than think that you wish you had put something in after you've sent the form back :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leigh73 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks for the much needed advice im sat here writing everything down about all my symptoms as with fibro we all suffer differently. Have photocopied all my meds & my future hospital appointments. Thank you for giving me my fight back. Sometimes i just wanna crawl under my duvet. Thankfully my children are here to keep me going too x
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Glad I was able to pull something useful for you out of the fog and :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: that fill my head these days :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jackiecarr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Hiya, I have been disabled due to Arthritis for 30yrs. I got took off my invalidity money last September and put on another benefit. I put in an appeal along with everyone else, went for it 4 weeks ago and was put on ESA but not the support, they said we not disagreeing your disabled but you don't fit the criteria. So my husband has to support me. I went to job center for a job even though there no way I can work, they told me there was no job that I would be able to do with my dissabilitys. My Fibro is getting worse just going from my feet up my body to my head with the fog :( I was at physio and this other lady said she had been kept on it. Even though she can walk without aids and she gets out and about walking. Where is the justice xx
jackiecarr
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Cant add anything else to the advice already given, so just wanted to say :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for a positive outcome
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 pm

jackiecarr wrote:Hiya, I have been disabled due to Arthritis for 30yrs. I got took off my invalidity money last September and put on another benefit. I put in an appeal along with everyone else, went for it 4 weeks ago and was put on ESA but not the support, they said we not disagreeing your disabled but you don't fit the criteria. So my husband has to support me. I went to job center for a job even though there no way I can work, they told me there was no job that I would be able to do with my dissabilitys. My Fibro is getting worse just going from my feet up my body to my head with the fog :( I was at physio and this other lady said she had been kept on it. Even though she can walk without aids and she gets out and about walking. Where is the justice xx

With what you've said here, I'm guessing that you were on something like Incapacity Benefit or Income Support and when thru the migration process to ESA with it replacing IB and IS. And with you appealing the decision, you were placed in the Work Related Activity Group rather than the Support Group :-? :-? :-? :-?
jackiecarr wrote: I was at physio and this other lady said she had been kept on it. Even though she can walk without aids and she gets out and about walking. Where is the justice xx

I do hope that because you see someone who is able to get around without aids that you don't automatically assume they are affected to a lesser degree by their conditions and problems and therefore shouldn't be eligible for what they have claimed :-? :-? :-? :-? A condition such as FM affects us all very differently, so whilst some may be more mobile than others, they will be affected in other ways that meet the necessary qualifying descriptors of the benefit they are claiming. Whilst I don't need to use aids to get around at the moment, I am currently in the Support Group, predominantly because of how my mental health has been affected due to FM, CFS and a host of other associated conditions and problems.

When you attended the Work Focused Interview, and were told that there would be no sort of job you could do due to how you are affected, and with you saying that things have worsened for you, have you sought advice about whether you might be able to make a claim due to a change in circumstances?? If not, it might be worth seeing which organisations/groups in your area might be able to advise and help you.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits