IB to ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IB to ESA

Postby elainegem » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Everybody
I just wanted to share some good news. On the 30th September 2013 I returned my completed ESA50 form to be assessed for transfer to ESA from Incapacity Benefit. 5 weeks to the day, I received a phone call from DWP informing me that I have been transferred successfully to ESA and have 3 years in the support group! I was astounded both by the result and the speed of the decision. I have heard of people waiting months for a decision and really didn't expect to hear this side of Christmas. The lady from the DWP said it was because I sent a lot of supporting information. I hope this good news will help other sufferers to be a bit more optimistic when they start their transfer.
elainegem
UKFM Newbie

Re: IB to ESA

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Fab news Elaine :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And in super fast time as well :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: It just goes to show how smoothly and quickly things can go when the system works efficiently :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

Stories like yours certainly do help others who are in a similar position have a little more faith that they will also receive such good news relating to their claims :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Brilliant news Elaine :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby scartlass » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Great news Elaine !! :well done: :chicken-dance: what area are you in?

You can relax now and have a lovely Xmas without worry

:woot:
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

My transition fro Incapacity to ESA went smoothly looked at help notes provided by Fightback, and went to see council benefits advice worker who kindly filled my esa50 in.

After a 3 week wait git a letter telling me i was on ESA and in support group, rang to check and this was confirmed, and then was told they would be sending me a ESA3 form to fill in, after a bit of thinking time as it said reassessment on form was convinced to fill in again had the help from benefits advice officer, resulted in me getting a extra ammount of benefit.

so you should get a esa3 and fill in might get extra
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby elainegem » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi again everybody

Thank you for your responses. This is just a quick reply to scartlass, I live in East Cheshire, there mustn't be a backlog in my area and that's why I heard so quickly, although it is all guess work, who knows how Atos and DWP work these days! I'm still counting my blessings. Isn't it horrible that we suddenly find ourselves being grateful for what at the end of the day we are entitled to. Good luck to everybody on the forum waiting for their decision. x
elainegem
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits