[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - HELP. All alone and dont know what to do

HELP. All alone and dont know what to do

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: HELP. All alone and dont know what to do

Postby PhoebeCat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I dont have any forms to fill in, I have my date for my appeal but have nothing to take with me to support it and dont know what I need to do or write/prepare myself. I am getting myself really worked up about it. At this rate I'll be going empty handed, although I should have a copy of my medical records by then.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:34 pm

I have just got back from the doctors to get the form to apply for my medical records and I now feel devastated! I was looking to get my records from when I was diagnosed with Fibro but because I have only been with this doctor for 18 months, any records further back are going to cost me £50 or I can have the last 18 months worth for £10. I asked the doctor about a letter which he is quite happy to do for me but when I asked the price for that, I was told £45! I cant afford £45 or £50 but I dont have anything else to take to my appeal. Which if either do you think is most important to have? If necessary, I will have to try and borrow the money but I dont want to waste it.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Have you had a look at the example forms in the pdf that can be used to obtain info from your GP?? If not, then have a look at it, and before you decide whether to have the 18 months of records from your current surgery, or your entire history, contact your surgery on Monday and ask them if they can give you an idea of what it could cost to have this form completed. If it is cheaper than the figures you've been given for the copies of your records, then maybe consider going with this option as the questions it asks are in line with the questions asked on the ESA claim form.

Looking back thru things, you haven't said if you have been in touch with DWP and asked for a Statement Of Reasons and copies of all other relevant paperwork from them. This Statement Of Reasons is what explains how they have come to the decision they gave you, and what you can use as the basis to show how they have incorrectly interpreted what you put in your claim. If you haven't asked for this, it is essential that you do so as soon as you can.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby zappa20 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:14 am

I have all the paperwork now, the statement of reason and the form I filled in originally. I have been through it but there are so many pages, I am struggling. I need to go through it again and do a small amount at a time and try not to get worked up about it.

Fluppypuffy, I am going back to the doctors on Monday to see the practice secretary and am going to go through the options and costs with her, so I will look through the forms again and print it off and then she can give me a cost for that. As you say, that will give more details that are needed by the appeal tribunal but I am expecting it will be similar to the cost of a letter but at least its another option and even if it does cost as much as a letter, the info will be more in line with what is needed.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby scartlass » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:43 pm

hi, when I first applied for my medical notes, I was told it would cost £50! after talking with the receptionist she said if you just want a print out of your medical note it's £10! I'm not sure what the difference is, but I got all letters ect. I had to request them in writing.

Good luck xx
scartlass
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits