esa payments refused...now what do i do??

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa payments refused...now what do i do??

Postby leigh73 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi. I finished work on 25 october after being advised by jobcentre & doctor who gave me a sicknote to leave work due to my fatigue as i was a taxi driver & not safe to drive all the time. I told tax credits & they pay me four wks of working tax that runs out sun 24nov. I wentbto c a b they helped me fill out my esa1 form & also with help off here i added extra info about my symptoms. I rang jobcentre & they said esa need to start paying me from tues 3 dec which is fortnightly in arrears once my wtc stops. I got the form esa50 through yesterday then today i got a letter saying im not entitled to esa at all as im in receipt of wtc & that i need to appeal. I wasnt expecting to be paid esa & wtc the whole point of claiming esa was for them to pay me after wtc ran out. So now do i fill in the esa 50 or appeal the esa1 or go on jsa?? The stress of this is doing me in!!!
leigh73
UKFM Member

Re: esa payments refused...now what do i do??

Postby shaz61 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:00 pm

The DWP can not access you on the future, Your illness etc could change by then. I find it strange that CAB told you to claim esa now! I would claim income support or reapply for esa when your WTC end .
shaz61
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

I think you wil have to apply again as ESA can only been given from when you finish WTC.

You can only start claiming as soon as you have no income. You should be put on the ESA assessment rate as soon as the application has gone through and then you will get paid the standerd rate when they make a decision to what group you will go into.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby leigh73 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you for the reply. Yes cab told me to send the forms as soon as he helped me fill them out. Well i will ring the esa on monday & point out as it did on my form that it wasnt needed until after wtc ran out. Looks like cab & jobcentre both advised me wrongly. Theyve got my sicknote & p45 but didnt return them which i shall need if i have to put in a complety new claim. Thankfully i did photocopy everything i sent them
leigh73
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits