Pip assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip assessment

Postby xxteeniexx88 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi all
I have my first PIP assessment next week and I was just wondering what to expect will they make me walk and balance etc or is it just questions thanks
xxteeniexx88
UKFM Member

Re: Pip assessment

Postby linda3719 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi - could I just ask how long you have waited for appointment for assessment? I sent a claim in 2nd September but have not heard anything as yet.

I had medical for esa - good old atos only gave me 7 points - so I appealed which the tribunal upheld, so that was good. They awarded the extra points for my mobility - hence my pip application.

Tribunal also suggested that medical review should be in 24 months - so I am kind of hoping that they wont send me for medical??

As I recall she asked questions, asked me to reach up, behind head and such like - I told her I could not do this without it causing severe pain - take as much evidence as you can with you .. every little bit would help.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you x x :-D :-D :-D

Linda x x
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby wendy10 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:15 pm

hi i appealed mine in may had to wait till.... october for a answer was told no... i have fibro,spinal curve,lumbar dysfunction,pelvic instability,bulging disks in neck, and suffer with hyperventilation... i couldnt get to the tribunal as had trapped a nerve in my back and couldnt walk for 2 weeks and was medicated up with diazepam and pain killers..... they say your fit to work ... which i know im not... but if they say so thats what goes so i applied for job seekers and was told no you can get that as you have had esa in the last year... so we are left with no money at all... hope yours goes better.x
wendy10
UKFM Member

Postby sallykemm » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi I'm still waiting for my pip assesment as well but mine was put in in june I foned atos a they said can't give me a date as still training ???
sallykemm
UKFM Newbie

Postby xxteeniexx88 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi Wendy that is absolutely disgusting!! I suppose I shall just see what happens I would of appealed again!!
I sent mine 22nd august!!and heard from them last week with an appointment!
I am working at the moment but don't do anything but watch tv so I am hoping this does affect this as cut my hours already can't give up can't afford to can't cut my hours more until I'm classed as disabled!!
xxteeniexx88
UKFM Member

Postby cozza50 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:21 pm

hi i sent my pip form in on augst the 12th had to ring to ask what was happing i have got pip assesment on the 6th dec so i bet they will turn down my claim then i have to ask them to look again if still turned down then i have to appeal :-o
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby Shirshan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I submitted my PIP application in mid August and have not heard anything at all. Is this normal?
Shirshan
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

My pip assessment started in May. I called ATOS last week and my forms are still with them 2 months after my assessment there. It's another 4 - 6 weeks when it finally gets back to the DWP so I'm thinking it's going to be a year from phone call to finding out at this rate

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits