ESA50

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA50

Postby scartlass » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi all. Hope your all coping as well as you can do with this terrible illness.

I sent off my ESA50 nearly six weeks ago, that was my third one, in as many years, I have forgotten how long it takes the great powers that be, to respond to my form, I'm like a cat watching a mouse every morning watching the letter box, waiting to pounce on the mail. I'm really expecting the usual "your as fit as a flea and your not getting anything from us" so off to work you go, we don't care what your GP, mental team or anyone else say that has know you for years, we know better.

Sometimes I really don't know if I should laugh or cry at the way we are treated, If I/we could work then we would, I wonder if they think we are at home all day with our feet up watching daytime tv, smoking and eating cream cakes having a great old time while they are at work slaving a way making up fairy stories about us as they read our ESA50s and how we are all trying to pull the wool over their eyes?

Any way I'm ranting so ignore that part, what I want to know is how long does it take them to respond to an ESA50 form, I'm sure it varies but just an idea may stop me fighting with the cat every morning to get to the mail first.

Keep smiling peeps xx
scartlass
UKFM Member

Re: ESA50

Postby denys » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Mine was about 8 weeks I think but it does vary from area to area
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby scartlass » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks Denys, I hate the waiting
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 am

Could be weeks or even months, some areas are reporting huge delays in receiving decisions or invites to assessments. Stressing about it doesn't get you a quicker response unfortunately , so if you can try not to worry meantime.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits