16 weeks since my tribunal and still not been paid!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

16 weeks since my tribunal and still not been paid!

Postby Grannypants » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 am

I am so fed up. I had my tribunal for DLA on Aug 8th, 16 weeks ago today, I was awarded middle rate care. Having waited 14 months for it and gone through hell before going due to panic attacks at the thought of going, then being grilled and basically called a liar by the doctor who interviewed me, I was happy that it was over. How wrong I was. The judge put the wrong date for it to be backdated to on the award so it had to go back for correction. This took a while from the DWP getting the award to them realising the date was wrong, to them sending it back for correction. Eventually I got a copy of the correction from the tribunal service. So I left it a few days then rang the DWP to find out when I would get my money. I was told it would go into my account in the next few days, however despite keep checking, it didn't materialise. So I rang the DWP again only to be told that although the judge had corrected the start date he hadn't corrected the end date so it had been sent back for correction again. I spent god knows how long ringing both the DWP and the tribunal service and eventually managed to get a fax number for the DWP to fax it over to make the process quicker. Just over 3 weeks ago I was told by the tribunal service that it had been sent to the district judge for correction and marked as urgent. I have still heard nothing. I just rang the tribunal service and was told they can't follow it up until Dec 2nd. I can't believe this is happening to me. Has anyone else gone through this?
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Re: 16 weeks since my tribunal and still not been paid!

Postby whoami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:38 am

I certainly can hear your frustrations in your words. All you can do is look for a bright side. You will be getting it all back paid with interest, so it is like having it in a savings account. I know it doesn't help now but I always try to look for a bright side.

I do know how you feel. I am in another country but things are usually cleared up within a year from start to finish here.

Except for Mine, LOL With wires getting crossed, people not knowing what the others were doing and paperwork getting put to the bottom of the pile, I was passed frustration. Everytime you ask something, change something etc. it goes to someone elses desk. Then it can take weeks for them to get through their pile and send it on to the next dept.

Anyway.....10, yes that was 10 years later, it was sorted out and I got a whopping cheque with 10 years backpay and interest. I then started getting monthly cheques. My total time being on a disability pension is going on 24 years. I have not heard one word from anyone since my first big cheque 14 years ago, only the direct deposit of money every month. It will continue until I am 65. So....there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you. Right now it just seems so far away.

Relax, try not to stress yourself out.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits