[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Confirmed case of Fibromyalgia and work problems

Confirmed case of Fibromyalgia and work problems

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confirmed case of Fibromyalgia and work problems

Postby MissTLJ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Hello

I have just been given a confirmed diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and I also have Multiple Sclerosis, I have just been given a sick note off from work from my GP for two weeks which runs out on the 29th November for the effects of the tablets which she has given me which are 10 mg of Amitriptyline which are making me feel terrible and I will be going back to my GP next tuesday the 26th November to tell her that .

I am worried about my work situation though because I work as Police Staff here in Bristol and we are under a strict Absence Management Policy and a Bradford Score system for the purpose of this, is Fibromyalgia recognised as a disability as under the Bradford Score, disability related is treated differently also between now and the 29th November I am having to face the prospect of having a home visit from my boss which understandly I am dreading, and it is mentioned in our Absence Management Policy, I have spoken to my Union which I have been left now feeling I have got no choice but to accept that I will have to put up with this home visit from my boss, how do I stand legally if I refuse a home visit.

Also is there any good natural forms of pain relief for fibromyalgia and can I claim Working Tax Credit with a disability element and also would I be able to claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit as I use a VDU and I will shortly possibly facing a operation for decompression of the Ulnar Nerve in my right arm.

I was wondering with all my disabilities is there any realistic chance of going on first tier of the Local Government Ill Health Retirement Pension in case things get really bad with either my fibromyalgia or multiple sclerois or both.

Thank you to all for any help or advice you can give.
MissTLJ
UKFM Newbie

Re: Confirmed case of Fibromyalgia and work problems

Postby whoami » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:23 pm

MissTLJ......Why are you stressing about a home visit from your Boss? Are you getting yourself worked up when not necessary? I ask that because a lot of us with fibro tend to worry and make ourselves feel worse...relax!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Gromit » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey, sorry to hear you are having a rough time. As far as I remember if you have M.S you are automatically covered by the Disability Act. Best to check it out though as my brain my be playing tricks on me.

Gentle hugs xxx
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits