Diagnosed today

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed today

Postby Cherub. » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi all,

After a very long time I have been given a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and and also being treated for depression, I have been absent from work for the last 6 months due to the excruciating pain and seriously bad fatigue, my manager in work has been fantastic throughout, I had a conversation with her last week regarding reducing my hours permanently when I return as I know I'm not going to be able to manage the hours I currently do and she is going to try and help me with this request.

I want to remain employed as I believe this will help me, well this is what I am hoping, if I really can't cope working then I will cross that bridge if and when I come to it,

My question is as I want to remain in work (hopefully) but reduce hours is there any help i can get financially as i have had to reduce hours any type of help with public transport to and from work etc,
As I said my goal is to get back into work but I believe I'm going to need just a little help to do this.

I read somewhere on forum that should register with local authority as fibro is classed as a disability and may get help, I think I'm a little naive but by local authority does this mean local council?

Any advice on what I need to do if anything as a newly diagnosed fibromyalgia sufferer would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Cherub
Cherub.
UKFM Newbie

Re: Diagnosed today

Postby bettyboop27 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm

You can apply to your council for a Blue Badge which should also entitle you to a bus pass which shoukd help with travel costs.
bettyboop27
UKFM Newbie

Re: Diagnosed today

Postby scousepea » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm

You can apply for a disability bus pass! I got mine by applying to Merseytravel! only took 3 weeks, fill in form with medical records and passport sized photo and that was it! good luck
scousepea
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits