ATOS MEDICAL

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ATOS MEDICAL

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:05 pm

hi hello all i recently had to claim esa as to not being able to look after a family member and not knowing what to claim for etc as i have looked after my family member for 16yrs i rang up dap and they told me i had to claim sea now i have an appointment for atos medical and it has blew my mind my doctor had told me to stop caring as it was affecting me in ways he could not explain i am in constant pain in my hands feet knees shoulders and it basically feels like the first time you go the gym and you ache for days I'm on that many tablets its not even funny i get no sleep about 3 hrs a night my misses has to look after 3 kids and me ( hahah) and its just a joke that now i have to go to a medical for some pencil pushing XXXXXXX to say no u can work I'm only 33 but what happens if i get told to claim isa as my brain says yeah goto work but my body says i
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: ATOS MEDICAL

Postby scousepea » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Make sure to have your up to date medical records for Atos Medical! Don't use public transport as you will automatically fail? Take someone with you and take your time answering questions! plenty of forums to guide you can't stress enough to use them! good luck :-try benefits and work site for guidance
scousepea
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:12 pm

thanks for the reply i haven't got anyone to come with me will that go against me also i asked for doc to give reports and he said they have already asked him and he has sent the relevant info the only thing i have is a letter from docs explaining my pain clinic appointment in a few weeks and i have all my meds
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby happyfeeling » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Join a group on facebook called 4up their excellent in helping you with information!!! Good luck.
happyfeeling
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 am

Good luck :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby justindustbin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:30 am

Without a medical professional you have no hope. ATOS will not even look at your medical records or GP's statement. After a few years of repeatedly going through this farce you may find it easier to just keep appealing a reapplying for ESA and just avoid wasting your time with ATOS. Hopefully you won't lose your home before you realise how corrupt this government is, like i have.
justindustbin
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 am

justindustbin wrote:Without a medical professional you have no hope. ATOS will not even look at your medical records or GP's statement. After a few years of repeatedly going through this farce you may find it easier to just keep appealing a reapplying for ESA and just avoid wasting your time with ATOS. Hopefully you won't lose your home before you realise how corrupt this government is, like i have.

Changes brought in 28th October mean anyone who fails an assessment won't be paid any 'interim appeal' ESA until such time as a mandatory reconsideration is first completed by the DWP. There's no set time allowed for this to be achieved , could be a few weeks or longer if the DWP decide to contact any of the medical professionals mentioned on your form for more detailed information

Unless someone is willing to claim JSA in the interim period, or can manage without the ESA income , then it's wise to fill in the form to your best ability. And to be prepared when attending assessments to ensure you manage to explain things properly, and be listened to. Anyone unsure on this process should seek inital advice from a welfare advisor or CAB or equivalent.

Sorry to hear you've experienced problems with this.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 am

Atos employers are all toss pots. They r given a list of little things to check u for, which almost always says u r able to work. They do not listen to your doctors information as well as ignoring everything u say. They have had my dla removed n so im waiting a tribunal. N the first time i saw them two years ago i only got esa on appeal. Only for them to remove it again last week, n yet im worse than i was physically. I think the only way u get passed is if u dont breathe anymore. These ppl should be ashamed of themselves working under such rediculous rules, making so many suffer. Honestly, they dont give a s***. Those with a conciounce have left the company. When u get an appt thru, tell them u want it videod n write a long list of all your problems n tell them to sign it to say theyve read it. I ought to av done so, but was fatgued so not thinking straight.
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Relf, I'm sorry to hear that you have had unfavourable decisions made regarding your benefit claims, and can appreciate how this is upsetting you. What say about Atos being the ones responsible for this happening isn't quite right tho. Whilst Atos carry the assessments, and provide a report, the actual decision making is carried out by DWP, based on how they interpret the info from the claim forms and reports obtained from an assessment etc.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scaboo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Make sure you have a list of all medicines , and how your medications effect you, have as much info as possible ,ie how your conditions effects you in day to day life. Remember it is not a medical as such its not about your conditions it is about whether you are fit for some kind of work .Good Luck
scaboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby nkats mum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 pm

If you will find it difficult to get to the appointment and you have no one to go with you then ring them and ask for a home visit.. I only found out after an appointment that they could have visited me at home.. Good luck with it
nkats mum
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:14 pm

hi i had my appointment at atos the woman never been asked me to get on the examination table she just went threw some questions on my paper and asked me a few then said i will hear something after xmas i was shocked i even asked her rant you going to examine me and she said no you look like you are in enuff pain i don't want to make it more difficult for you so wonder what happened there does anyone think thats a good sign
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Wouldnt like to say, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for a positive outcome
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fletch » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

When I went I was in a lot of pain in my left side and never moved my hand of the left side

In the nurses report she just put he can bend left elbow :roll: nothing about the pain
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 pm

ok went to pain clinic today was told not to take pregablin and gabapentin together its the same tab also don't take naproxen and up the gabapentin from 1 3 times a week to 1 in morning 1 in afternoon and 2 at night should be fun also told me he would help me get a blue badge as i have had 2 yrs of hell from the council with that overtime i get close to it they make me jump threw another hoop so was a okish day i think
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits