How did you explain Fibro at your ATOS medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How did you explain Fibro at your ATOS medical

Postby alysonpeaches » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:29 am

As the question says, I am wondering if my approach was wrong at my ATOS medical with respect to fibromyalgia. Is there a form of words or submission that you can make to DWP that encapsulates how fibro makes you feel without writing a whole book?
I "failed" my ATOS medical, my tribunal is next month. When you are asked where do you get pain, I can only say well mostly in the back or legs ... the reply to that is "where exactly" and my answer is, well its different every day. Just to complicate things, as well as fibro I have disc problems (two double disc bulges) and other prolapsed discs in my back, IBS, asthma, post herpetic pain (after 4 episodes of shingles). When I am asked about my pain I am baffled to give a verbal answer, but I could write reams.
alysonpeaches
UKFM Newbie

Re: How did you explain Fibro at your ATOS medical

Postby bumblebee57 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm

I think my reply would be "Body wide pain and constant", as you know its going to return or move...somewhere. Atos/DWP like to make things as complicated as possible, but Fibro is also complicated.Good luck
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby scousepea » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 pm

i have similar symptoms! also c.o.p.d and neuropathy failed first medical but won on appeal, was placed into wrag for 18 months second medical i was much better prepared and put straight into support group with enhanced disability income guarantee! they try and fob you off by scoring you 0 pts and claim its a general early morning stiffness! if you have to go ahead and write reams as it is hard to explain this disease unless you are a sufferer! good luck :-D
scousepea
UKFM Newbie

Postby huggy69 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I have the same problem with atos .got refused a home visit. Have fibro arthritis and numerous other illnesses. Have medical next week

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2
huggy69
UKFM Newbie

Postby scaboo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:04 am

Its not about where the pain is its how the pain effects you within the descriptors for esa try this link / internet page
http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employ ... escriptors
this may help you in what they are looking at . Its not a nice thing to go through hope it is some help ,Good luck
scaboo
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits