Blue Badge

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blue Badge

Postby scartlass » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi all. I got my blue badge today, it will make life a bit easier, so pleased I got it, although sad that I need it :(

Next I will need to apply for DLA/PIP I keep putting it off as its so stressful, i have promised my counsellor i will apply after Christmas :-|

Take care and keep safe in this horrible weather
scartlass
UKFM Member

Re: Blue Badge

Postby Shazzie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi scarlass,
did you get ur blue badge because of fibro ?
Shazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby scartlass » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi Shazzie. Yes I did, i had to go for an assessment, she asked lots of questions about my mobility and then said you will have to pay £10 and it will be with you in a few days
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby JYB » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 am

I keep thinking I should apply for a blue badge. It's getting more difficult getting from A to B! I keep putting it off though and just carry on struggling, daft I know!
JYB
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Remember to talk about the award of the blue badge and why you got it when you apply for PIP.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Glad to hear you got your badge. It makes life a lot easier on bad days. I have had mine for quite a few years. I don't use it if I feel I can manage without it. I still will not use it if there is only one spot because I feel there is somebody that might come along with a chair and having that spot is the only way to access the vehicle. My best friend has twins that are both disabled. I always remember her fighting with ramps trying to get the kids in and out of the vehicle if there was no disabled parking available.

Good luck with your next application.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby scartlass » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 am

JYB. I kept putting it off as well, but on bad days if I have to go out it will really help, so I think you should apply

Mac, I will tell them I have the badge it may help, but who know it all such a ordeal trying to get help.

Whoami, I will only use it when I have to, on days where I can walk a little better it will be staying in my bag.
scartlass
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits