Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP

Postby Purplepig » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi I'm about to claim PIP advice please on best help to complete it TIA :?:
Purplepig
UKFM Member

Re: PIP

Postby woodwasp » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:06 pm

hi google benifits and work get their phone number and speak to them,they will fill the forms out for you if you want them too,they did mine for me and i got an award good luck :crazy: :roll:
woodwasp
UKFM Member

Postby Maria68 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi, I made the phone call sixteen weeks ago, filled out the forms and sent as much medical evidence as possible from my doctors and my two consultants with diagnosis and conditions etc.......I have not heard anything from them yet. Phoned them twice and they have told me that my forms are with the 'Scrutiny Department' so my advice is, include as much paperwork as possible, even a copy of your monthly prescription but more importantly ..... don't hold your breath! :-)
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

The PIP system is in complete chaos, much like the rest of the benefits system, which means the time scales they said they would be working on for each stage of the claims process have gone out of the window. They say it's due to the number of completed claim packs they have received, but in reality it's due to not recruiting and training as many staff as they said would have by now. Instead of the several hundreds that should be dealing with each stage of the process, they've barely managed to achieve a tenth of their predicted numbers.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby udell13 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

hi im getting low rate dla and after 4year have finally been diagnosed with fm ive been told I cant add this to my claim I have to reclaim under the pip system. it took me two year of fighting to get dla and am worried about going threw all the stress again as this make me really ill. so down don't no what to do some people get it some don't grrrrr. also just wandering if this will cause me to loose my driving licence please let me no if any of you have thanks guys xxx
udell13
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 pm

You wont lose your licence due to FM, I gave up driving as I dont consider myself safe on the road. But it was a personal decision not a forced one

Some meds may make you drowsy etc. this is different, there is a warning on the packaging and may have an impact on your insurance if you should ever have an accident
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby becbob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 am

Hi all, sorry to butt in but I phoned and asked for a pip claim form over 2 weeks ago now and I haven't had them through the post yet. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes? Not claimed for benefits before so I have no idea what the norm is. I am also very scared about claiming for PIP. I have read so many horror stories. I really can't work any more, I don't know what I will do if they refuse me!
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 am

becbob wrote:Hi all, sorry to butt in but I phoned and asked for a pip claim form over 2 weeks ago now and I haven't had them through the post yet. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes? Not claimed for benefits before so I have no idea what the norm is. I am also very scared about claiming for PIP. I have read so many horror stories. I really can't work any more, I don't know what I will do if they refuse me!

Call them back up to make sure its been sent and to the right address as it should have been there by now, normally takes a week to get to you. With it being christmas the post maybe a little longer. You will tho be back dated to the day you called for your claim. Only issue maybe if its taking longer to get to you , you will have lesser time to fill forms in and get them back. PIP i think is 4 - 6 weeks.

ESA is the worst one out of it all IMO (more horror stories with that one) although DLA/PIP can be just as stressfull.

Have you tried claiming for ESA? Theres lots of information and guides around the forum to help you and were always here for support and help if you need any.

With PIP people seem to be waiting for many months before any response mainly being called for medical first. I dont know of any one yet being awarded. Seems like (as above) the new system has caused alot of havoc. My daughter put in for PIP back in September, got a letter saying they recieved forms but havnt heard a bean since! :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby becbob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Lisa. Can I claim ESA and PIP together or only one or the other? I have no idea about any of this. I asked on another forum about what to do and was directed to CAB. They suggested I claimed for PIP but didn't mention ESA. They have also said that they will help me fill out the PIP forms. Here's hoping that with help I can get this done! I really don't understand why they have made things this difficult. People with disabilities need extra help not extra stress. Seems to me we are treated badly by this government.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:06 pm

You can claim ESA and PIP together.

I found this website so you can see what you can claim for

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby cozza50 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi i am still waiting for my PIP to be assesed I did . I put my claim in on 13th aug rang about 5 weeks ago asked what was happing they gave me appointment for 4th dec to be assesed got letter saterday before to tell me it has been cancelled and refered to ATOS :roll: So not only dod they tell me it has been cancelled but they sent me 3 letters in diffrent envolopes woth about quarter in writing to tell me it has been cancelled lol i think i got the point. so i am now waiting for another date .
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby Maria68 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 am

Hi everyone and a happy New Year to you all. After 17 weeks of waiting and numerous phone calls I have finally got a date for my Assessment. 15th January at a hospital at the other side of Manchester :-| . After reading about ATOS on her I am very nervous about going. I am an assertive person by nature and sometimes it comes out all wrong and seems like I am snapping, but don't want to be fobbed off or give the wrong impression. Please help.
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 am

Some advice would be to take some one in with you so if you feel your not getting out want you want then the person can help and explain more. Good luck! :-)
*Lisa*

Postby salimrashid » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 pm

hi
I got pip medical soon can somebody help me what it like how to cope with streas of going ther what will they ask and do
salimrashid
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Pip is very new and so not sure how many people would know what the medical is like. Sorry I dont have any advice apart from maybe take someone with you, record the interview and try not to stress too much
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits