PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: PIP

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 pm

I had my assessment in October, it isn't a medical but defo take someone with you, all your appointment dates coming up a list of all your meds.
The lady who did mine in Somerset was lovely, she was sympathetic, understanding and reassuring even finding me a closer entrance to leave by and getting me to wait in the room while my OH got the car to the new entrance. Don't be scared they are nicer than expected, do be honest though no matter how hard it is admitting to yourself you can't do stuff. Unfortunately it isn't the people who see us through ATOS who make the decision it's the DWP who have no medical experience at all

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Maria68 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks Helen, that is reassuring to read. Only three days until my assessment and I am stressing, which in turn brings on pain etc...and writing down notes and got all paperwork ready etc.

Have you had your decision yet?

xx
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 am

I've now had my decision they state in on the front letter I'm disabled, then in the notes it says I need equipment, aids and help for everything from washing to cooking then the summery says I don't so the outcome is ........ I'm disabled need to get a builder in (private rented and just fought for 2 years to get the roof fixed!!) and with that I can lead a perfectly normal life so I'm not entitled to PIP!!!!! So angry as there were parts of the report stating I was examined when I wasn't, and parts saying I showed I could do things I can't and they even said that despite an MRI scan confirming all of my mobility problems I have they've decided I'm wrong and I have no problems!!!!! I've contacted my MP he is now getting involved so fingers crossed we can get it over turned
Have you herd back yet?

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby Maria68 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi Helen, sorry to hear your news, how frustrating that must be for you... :-| its fantastic that your MP is getting on-board.

Had my assessment last week, was in there for about an hour.....the guy was genuinely interested in what I was saying, although I was not examined he did ask to do certain things or try to....like squeeze his fingers, move my arms and legs etc.

Whilst we were talking he was mentioning several things that I could buy to make it easier for me around the house. So after reading yours I now do not hold up much hope of any assistance :-|

It's only been a week since my assessment so I guess I got another month or so until I get a decision
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits