Stamp being paid by DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stamp being paid by DWP

Postby Borderslass » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I was medically retired on an occupational ill health pension 2009, due to fibro and other associated conditions, prior to this I was on incapacity benefit during my long term absence from work.
This benefit stopped once I was in receipt of my occupational ill health pension.
Recently I have received an ATOS from to fill in, I contacted job centre plus re this and was advised that DWP are still contributing towards my state pension, and that if I wanted this to continue I must fill in the form and make myself available for assessment !
I must confess to be totally ignorant of how this all works, as far as I was concerned my dealings with the DWP were done and dusted !
I am not claiming any benefits, can someone explain how this works please.

Ta Muchly
Life too dull for you ! then Polish The Bright Side
Borderslass
UKFM Member

Re: Stamp being paid by DWP

Postby denys » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Sorry dont know, I have just moved from incapacity to ESA support group and received a P45 seems like lunacy but I suppose if they are paying contributions towards my state pension then the records have to be kept in order and I suppose the same applies to you, if you are going to be claiming your state pension then you wont be finished with the DWP until you reach retirement age :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Stamp being paid by DWP

Postby crazycat36 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Even though ur not actually getting money from dwp if ur below the state pension age and because ur gettin occupational ill health money paid to u it means that dwp r payin ur contribution towards ur state pension hence why they r insisting why u hav to jump through there hoops....and believe me to get even the low rate state pension ur contributions hav to b paid usually by ur imployer but the minute ur not working its dwp that take over payments towards ur pension (unless u stop working because uve won the lotto) im afraid we all hav to pay towards our old age.

I only nonso much about pensions and benefits is im afraid ive been to many yrs in the benefits system expecially due to ill health and also hav listened to both my parents and what they went through goin onto there pensions at retirement age although they worked all there lives at times contributions werent being made as they were self employed and left them both with the low rate pensions and having to apply for pension tax credits aswell.

Hope u find this helpful
Gentle huggs
Cat xx
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits