Help Claiming For PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help Claiming For PIP

Postby becbob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi all, I am in the early process of claiming for PIP. After 3 weeks I have finally received my claim form. I have been to the CAB and they have said they will help me to fill in the form. I have spoken to the CAB today and the earliest date they can help me is 7th Jan. I booked the appointment but I've just checked my claim form and it needs to be back by 5th Jan. I only received them today. Bloody useless. Also with it being Christmas and New Year I need to make sure that I send them back in plenty of time. My head (fibro fog) is so bad at the moment that I am really struggling to fill them in. Because FM fluctuates I am finding it difficult.
I am new to all this but I am going downhill. I find walking difficult because my feet are in constant pain. I cannot use walking aids because my hands too are in constant pain. How do I tell them this? It asks if I need to use walking aids but I can can't. I am unable to leave the house on my own and I cannot cook or bathe myself on most days. Trouble is that sometimes I can cook for myself and family. On average I could probably manage to prepare and cook a meal 2 times a week. I am so depressed too and I just find the whole process really over whelming. Also anything I do manage to do will set me back. Whether it is cooking or walking or cleaning. After a little bit of activity I am completely wiped out and I need to rest.
I would love any hints or tips on how to fill in the forms with a condition that fluctuates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Help Claiming For PIP

Postby 2cookes » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi becbob, you have explained in this message how the fm effects you say positive quotes not negative ie; sometimes,average,fluctuates, regards cooking a meal for your self on a bad flair up could you cook a meal ( no) so your answer would be i cannot prepare and cook a meal safley this is what they want to know, And where they ask if you can walk and how far can you walk on flare up days these are the worst days so your answer would be; I find walking difficult because my feet are in constant pain. I cannot use walking aids because my hands too are in constant pain.I am so depressed too and I just find the whole process really over whelming. Also anything I do manage to do will set me back. Whether it is cooking or walking or cleaning. After a little bit of activity I am completely wiped out and I need to rest.
I hope this helps you I am Sufferer too and have been for about 8yrs.
2cookes
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

You could try contacting DWP and explain what your situation is with date you've actually received the forms, tell them when your appt is with CAB, and see if you can be given an extension on the date that the form needs to be returned by.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Magrat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm

It's always your worst day. I know on my worst day i can't even sit comfortably, anywhere. Have you seen Fightback or ATOS Miracles on Facebook, they offer help and support filling out forms etc. I'm just about to go through all this myself, so keep us updated! Good luck x
Magrat
UKFM Newbie

Postby bettyboop27 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Benefitsandwork.co.uk have some great guides to completing forms for benefits. It is well worth following their advice. It may also help to keep a diary of pain levels for back up.
bettyboop27
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits