No medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No medical

Postby migrembe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm

I sent off my ESA medical form in October and today i received a nice present for Christmas. After last time fighting for a year to be moved from the work ability group to the support group i expected the same fight again. However that didn't happen and i have been put in the ESA support group until May 2015.

Good luck for all those still fighting. :snowhappy:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: No medical

Postby macca » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Belter, always good to hear someone achieving whats right from the system.

Well done.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby sdragunas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:10 pm

The same happened to me, expected to be denied, then to fight it and have a medical, etc (same as the first time) but they just accepted it :-) Merry Christmas
sdragunas
UKFM Newbie

Postby daisies » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:37 pm

I have been fighting to be moved into the support group for nearly a year, I have not had any medical. I now have my appeal date 3rd February just keeping my fingers crossed as my benefit stops on 1st July.
daisies
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi all and Merry Christmas,

I am fairly new to all of this. I had a meeting with my work manager and HR manager on Friday, to discuss plans for my return to work. I have been off sick with Fibro for 2 months and I was asked if there were any benefits I could claim. I will be returning to work on a phasing in basis working up to my 30 hrs over a 4 week period. I was asked about the possibility of reducing my hours to 25 which I am thinking about but financially could be quite difficult.

My question to everyone is, could I possibly be entitled to any benefits? I have never claimed benefits before and I am a bit confused by it all.

Thanks

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:52 pm

PIP (Personal Independence Payment) can be claimed as you can receive this and work but first things first, google the PIP descriptors this will tell you what points are available against each descriptor. PIP can be awarded for Care needs or Mobility needs or both, also both have a standard and enhanced payment rates. The rate paid is dictated by how many points are scored, 8 for standard, 12 for enhanced.

If you google 'PIP self test' then you can run through your own assessment of how you think you may score against the descriptors. The key of course is evidencing to DWP how you meet the descriptors.

Importantly research it thoroughly and try and pick up a guide document.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits