Waiting times for DLA claim and ESA tribunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Waiting times for DLA claim and ESA tribunal

Postby lolo73 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:26 pm

I am loosing the will a little with my benefits claims, I applied for DLA early December 2012 the claim got rejected so I appealed and then nothing for months, I phoned up many times to be told we are still dealing with it. During Xmas 2013 I get told they have lost the original claim info and asked if I had a copy, luckily I did but it only covered some of the claim pack, so they had to get me a new form to fill in the blanks. It is 13 months since I made this claim, is this normal that a claim should take so long?

Also, I now have a hearing date for my ESA appeal, it is later this month by which time I will be out of ESA credit, so basically I will have no income from mid month onwards. I am lucky I have a working husband but it is upsetting that I am not treated like a person who has worked most of their life and paid into the system. If I get my claim for ESA upheld will I get the shortfall between the assessment rate and the full rate, what time period is this paid for, ie a full year or part of the year if I don't end up in the support group. Hopefully I will be put into the support group :-? Thanks for any help x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Re: Waiting times for DLA claim and ESA tribunal

Postby xxfibeexx » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:44 pm

It isn't normal for a DLA claim to take so long, even with an appeal. I'd suggest you contact your MP, normally they pull their finger out when an MP contacts them.

Don't know much about ESA, sorry
xxfibeexx
UKFM Member

Postby dallasuk » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

I got my dla about 8 years ago & it took 2 years in total to fill claim form in (with a welfare place doing it for me) & go to the tribunal, once i won i got everything back dated the full 2 years. Have known people to be waiting nearly 3 years now, so i would suggest keep pushing it :) My esa took over 18 months to sort out. GOOD LUCK xxx
dallasuk
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi all

It really makes me seeth when I see how long and drawn out the processes are for claiming these benefits. It feels like the intention is to put us all through the wringer to see if we have any fight left in us when they have finished. It is bad enough not being able to work and coping with a disability without them giving us extra stress and worry throughout the process. Don't the powers that be see what detrimental effects it has on our health, why oh why should everything be such a struggle. I don't recall being as awkward when paying my tax and national insurance for the last 34 years in fact they had a process that just took what was due, therefor why cant we have a much more people friendly process when we become ill and need to use some of the money we have paid in for years. I will go before my blood pressure boils to the limit!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Milly (this country sucks)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits