Sickness review meeting/pay troubles...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sickness review meeting/pay troubles...

Postby felinefine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 am

Hi

I have my 2nd review meeting tomorrow, this is to discuss the access to work assessment that was done on 16/12/13 for adjustments that need to be completed for my return. my cert runs out on the 7th, so this Tues. My work place have made errors all the way through. My first referral to AtW was back at the beginning of last year. I fell off their list and my Manager didn't chase them up. I was told at the first review on 28th November 13 that I should have been dealing with it! not been there and wasn't told that!

As soon as I knew I contacted them so its now all been done. I doubt that anything has been put into place. As I have been off since July I thought at some point I would go on half pay but there has been no contact made about this.

On Saturday I received a letter from pay roll to say I should have been on half pay since November and I now owe them over a thousand pounds that they shouldn't have paid me! Its states that they have only been advised recently that I have been off from July. Yet another failure of my manager or the system. I'm so upset, I live alone and have to pay my mortgage, rent ( I live in part buy/rent place)

If I go tomorrow and say I am available for work but they haven't got the adjustments in place surely they cannot reduce my pay???? It's not my fault. I just wonder what your thoughts are on this and if anyone else has had to cope with being on half pay with bills to pay, I'm so scared about my finances.
felinefine
UKFM Member

Re: Sickness review meeting/pay troubles...

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 am

I don't understand this 1/2 pay bit. If you are off work due to illness do you not get full pay from somewhere? Work or a government program?

I am not familiar to the ruling of the UK.

I am interested to see how this all unfolds. Good luck tomorrow.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:59 am

Thank you for the good luck, after 6 months my terms and conditions state half pay but I thought it would be in January not back in November and they failed to notify me. They have made mistake after mistake. As we all know stress on top of the pain is no good for any off us. All the way through they have said I have a mental health issue too!!! the only thing that is causing my upset is their lack of support at a difficult time. The IRONIC thing is that I work for Social Care ( Adult Safeguarding)

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 am

Is this work that says you have a mental health issue? Have they happened to have written this somewhere. If so, is that not grounds for some sort of litigation...possibly workplace harassment or slander? I would certainly take that comment seriously.

Those of us with fibro, almost all of us suffer from a mental illness, Depression. It is part of fibro.

The way it sounds is that fibro and depression are not what they are talking about. They owe you an apology at least.

Now I am riled up ...Lorraine
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Carphil » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 am

Hi,
If I were in your place I would take all the paperwork you have relating to work, illness and finances along to the CAB. They will help you I'm sure with all of it. A friend of mine had finance problems relating to problems at work and they sorted the whole mess out for her, along with them getting in touch with the company's that wanted money before her finances were sorted out. She says it is the best thing she ever did.
Hope you get the help you need from them. Phone them up and make the appointment .

Good luck and gentle hugs.x
Carphil
UKFM Member

Postby beryl23 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:30 am

I really carn't help you with this problem, but I just wanted you to know that I am disgusted with the way you have been treated. I really hope that you get this sorted asap, as you have enough to cope with by having fibromyalgia. Sending good vibes to you hun, and all my best wishes xxx
beryl23
UKFM Newbie

Postby LynnyG » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 am

Hi felinefine
I am in the same position as you, did you have time off maybe earlier in the year or lasy year at some point? as this can fall in with your six months full/half pay! I am on half pay at the moment by I got support from my Personnel Dept and was sent out forms that they filled out with a phone number for Jobcentre Plus : 0845 6088645. I filled out a telephone claim took around 45mins and from tomorrow I'm shall be receiving ESA.... Employment Support Allowance, along with my half pay!.I also work in Social Work Dept, give your Peronnel Dept a phone and ask them if they would prepare the forms that you need along with your oringinal sick note from your Dr. I know how you feel and the stress makes it worse but it also helps when you have support and understanding. I am now looking at being paid off because of my health and this something I'm not happy about but have to face reality and accept I can no longer do this job or any other as Fibro as you know is so unpredictable!, Hope this helps you as we need to support each other whenever we can :goodluck2:
LynnyG
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm

hi,

you could also try claiming housing benefit for your rent (of the part buy/rent)

your employer will try to frustrate you - keep this mind without letting it getting you down

when this half pay happened to me I think I received SSP (statutory sick pay) to top up the half pay
https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Statutory-Sick-Pay
before I was moved to ESA
:hugs:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi all

Well I had my review meeting today. Took 3 and half hours! None of the access to work adjustments have been done. But....I was told that they will be within about 3 weeks. I have agreed to go back on a phased return whilst this is being carried out. If they do not get it done I will take out a grievance. I'm only going to do 4 hours the first week on one day. 2 days x 4 hrs the next week, then 3 days the next two weeks. There will be a meeting at the start of 5th week to review how I'm getting on and if they have stuck to their word and got everything in place to see about going full time. If they have not I will do a grievance against them

Regarding the half pay I also have to go through a complaint procedure. The pay roll worker said my manager hadn't got in touch with them until 14th Nov about my sickness from 11th July!!!!!!!!

I have asked for help with a parking space as I cannot use the multi storey, the spaces are to small to open car door enough, but they are stumped....

I'm nervous about going in and having to pick up stuff again, if I will cope, and if they will support me. I was very annoyed at the meeting and argued my case, wouldn't let it drop about the mistakes they had made, it will difficult working with my Manager now.

Thanks for your support on this and I will let you know how it goes xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 am

I am glad you came out of that meeting sounding like you are in control of things. Good for you.

As far as the manager goes, if this person makes life difficult for you at work then you file a grievance.

When you return to work do what you can, if you can't do it explain to them why and if nothing can be done to help you then...you just can't do it.

Lorraine
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

I'm sitting here now thinking its hard to imagine that I'll be getting ready this time tomorrow to go in, scary stuff xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Have a great day.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm

you can do this
you did not chose to become ill

do what you can do, don't overdo things, if you need help with something ask for help, keep a brief diary about what you accomplished etc, concentrate on your work not on politics and don't get into wired conversations, stay professional

have a good day
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Fibro -lu .......excellent suggestions.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Good luck with the phased return and I hope they keep their word :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits