Need to off load the whole new low

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Need to off load the whole new low

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Sorry in advance but I need to get this out there.

I was refused PIP despite the DWP stating on the letter I'm disabled by my illness. I requested a copy of the ATOS report only to discover if they had filled the scores with the infor in the written report of the assessment it would more than likely be a very different story! Then my partner goes to pick up my fit note from the Dr's only to be told no fit note till I see the dr. Fine no trouble there, but there are no appointments today oh and tomorrow there is no bookable ones till Monday.....

This would normally be ok but my work is paid weekly and they have decided no fit note = no pay! So no I've no money for next week and bills to pay and kids to feed...... Call tomorrow they say..... I've a hospital appointment for my back....... Ok call Friday they say.......... I've another appointment for my nerve root damage......... Ok sorry nothing we can do...... But my request went in Monday why has no one told me till 3:15 on Wednesday, I've had 3 days I could have booked an appointment in...... Well the dr put a note on saying you needed an appointment..... Ok so why didn't they call............ Because we assumed you were on ESA so it didn't matter!!!!!!!

Come in straight from your hospital tomorrow...... But I won't be able to move and my partner is taking time out of work to pick me up and drop me home..... Well can you walk over it's only 20minutes walk..... I have fibromyalgia and a broken back and damaged nerve roots....... Well we could make the appointment 10 minutes later so you can sit down when you get here....... I have fibromyalgia and a broken back and damaged nerve roots......... There's a water cooler you can have a cup of water and a sit down before you go in........ Do you understand what I have..... Yes you get a bit tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

After 3/4 of an hour on the phone with the practice manager and her calling my employer with such confidence she can sort it she calls back. He won't pay you without a fit note........ Well there's a surprise I'm sure I said that... But anyway my thoughts aside..... She then finally came up with an appointment at 6:20pm tomorrow after is been told there was nothing till next week.

It really does get to me that the people who work in the professions just don't understand what this illness does to us! None of us chose it and I'm sure 100% of us would love to get rid if it, so here I am already suffering a flair from things that got me stressed on Monday to now have my stress levels raised so much I could happily just end things as there is no stupor out there in the places we really need it. There is no understanding in these groups of how it affects us nor how the treatment we receive from these "trained and caring" professionals affects us, even a polite jovial examination can trigger a flair but it's seen as nothing more than we get a little bit tired.....................
Thank you I just needed to rant xx

BB Helen xx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split in clearer and smaller paragraphs for easier reading.
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Re: Need to off load the whole new low

Postby whoami » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Helen, I am really frustrated with your health team and your employer. How on earth does anyone expect you to work with your back broken
Never mind the fibro.

What do they have you doing? Do you wear a brace? What are they doing for you?

Take care, Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 am

No brace, I'm going for a CT scan in a couple of weeks, I've had an MRI and a detailed MRI and seen a physio but there is so much damage as it's been undiagnosed for about 12 to 25 years despite me being at the dr's several times every year with extreme back pain. They aren't sure if they can operate if they can my best outlook is 25% reduction of pain in 1 leg. So the back pain will remain the same. I've seen so many different drs now for it I'm at the point of screaming. But it's ok because the DWP has said I'm disabled but able to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Helen I know how you feel, I am not as bad as you I have trapped a nerve In my lower spine, and I have waited that long for a physio appointment, I decided to go to a private clinic, I have tried to make a appointment with my dr,who is a good dr ,if only I could get an appointment,the receptions told me nothing for two weeks,it is not as urgent as yours seems to be,but when every thing seems to go wrong I can relate to your problems ,fibro seems to flare up ,then all my joints ache, now im having a rant , but you are not on your own Helen ,and I do think having having a rant on the forum,to people who under stand,does help, I hope you get every thing sorted out soon lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby geordiegirl147 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Hellen i am gob smacked at the out come did you appeal the decision, then you can appeal that outcome if not right, I sure my lower back is not the same as yours their say its wear and tear but it constantly hurts all the time, if i cough or sneeze after i say ouch every time.
I am just wondering what questions atos asked. When they asked can you walk, can you bend what did you say for them to say you are fit for work I dont mean anything you said was wrong especially with fibromyalgia its very hard for even us to understand on minute you can walk for 10 min the next you can't get out of bed. I dont know what i will do if they say no to me because i went back to work last year and after 8 months my body could not take any more its taken 4 month to settle down but very few times without dyer pain and i hate taken pills especially when they do nothing but had to go back onto amitriptyline to help with some sleep. Everything i am ready on the site is everybody is having trouble with ATOS.
wish you all the best gentle hugs
geordiegirl147
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi sorry I've been quiet, I asked for reconsideration and my pip was approved, since then my CT scan results came back, I've not just got the original break but I've a second break further up my spine as well so they won't do a thing as it would mean me loosing all mobility, ontop of this with all the stress we've been under my partner had a breakdown and went missing thankfully only for a week, but during that time he tried to take his life twice. But on a positive note, pip is sorted, make sure you ask for a copy of the ATOS report if they turn you down mine was very different to what was discussed and what happened in the meeting!

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits