Claiming pip

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Claiming pip

Postby Leannellie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi all. I applied for pip in November and received forms which had to be back to them at end nov! Reading thru them I thought I'm not going to be awarded after reading about everyone getting turned down so didn't bother. Can I reapply??
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Re: Claiming pip

Postby Shazzie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:06 pm

As you didnt go through with it in the first place you can ring up and apply again :-)
Shazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:52 pm

As the poster above said you can re-apply.

I would contact your local CAB and see if they can help you fill the forms in as they know alot about what to put and how to word it.

:goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Leannellie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Thankyou!! The forms seemed so daunting and having read that so many people were turned down I think that put me off. The thought of going for a medical and having to prove myself got me quite panicky!! I'm going thru a bad bad time at moment probably worst flare ever every joint hurts like you wouldn't believe well you would!!!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby katz65 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi there,
Do try again, it is always worth it!!
I applied back in June last year, I met with AtOS lady on 20th August 2013, she said I would hear within six to eight weeks. I kept on waiting & after 8 weeks I phoned them & they still had my claim with ATOS, I repeated phoning every couple of weeks, eventually I got a letter on Jan 27th this year & I was granted the low rate, I was so pleased as I really didn't think I would get it :-D

So this is why I say for you to try as you never no :!:

Good luck :goodluck2:
katz65
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits