LETTER TO SAY ON EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LETTER TO SAY ON EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

Postby lurcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm

I was in receipt of DLA high rate middle of care, severe disablement allowance, income support (I think) Bascially what does this mean and what happens now? I live with my Daughter of 16yrs who completed the questionare etc. Any advise please :yikes:
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: LETTER TO SAY ON EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Just to clarify...

You was in receipt of DLA HRM/MRC and Severe disablement allowence plus Income support? and your wondering why you have a letter saying your now on ESA?

If this is right, then your DLA will not be effected by the change over.

Your income support/severe disablemet allowence are the ones in the change over.

ESA: Employement support allowence is for people unable to work OR have limited capabilities to work. This changed over from the Incapacity benefit.

You are best to call the DWP for further information.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lurcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:23 pm

Many thanks for reply, on letter states the amount for esa will apply from 4th Feb to 7th April 2014, does that mean I will need to complete another questionare? my daugher phoned the number on letter but person said only difference would be in name change but wondering if esa will only last untill 7th april2014. :?:
lurcher
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:58 pm

lurcher wrote:Many thanks for reply, on letter states the amount for esa will apply from 4th Feb to 7th April 2014, does that mean I will need to complete another questionare? my daugher phoned the number on letter but person said only difference would be in name change but wondering if esa will only last untill 7th april2014. :?:

These letters tend to be telling you about the amount of benefit you will be receiving from the start of when changes are made in the rate of benefits payable. This tends to also coincide with/be just after the start of a new tax year, and runs for the next 12 months.

To be absolutely sure of what is happening tho, contacting DWP might be an idea.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits