Can I apply For ESA??

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can I apply For ESA??

Postby Aggie1996 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi its my first post then im not sure if I do it ok
But...I want to ask you if ESA benefit is only for single people or for everyone?
Im married and not sure if can apply?
Thanks
Aggie1996
UKFM Newbie

Re: LETTER TO SAY ON EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

Postby lurcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 pm

I do not know that, sorry. :-|
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: Can I apply For ESA??

Postby helzbelz11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 pm

you can apply for it whatever your situation. I was on it when I was married and still on it now Im single x
helzbelz11
UKFM Newbie

Postby maxinevalentina » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm

Iv just applied for esa and got a text of the job center saying they have accepted my claim 3days later
Go for it its worth a try :)
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum Aggie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've split your post off from where you had originally made it and turned it into a topic of it's own as your question is slightly different to what the other topic is asking.

ESA is what replaced Incapacity Benefit in 2008, which was claimed when someone was too ill to be able to work.

ESA is paid either based on what your household income is, which includes what your hubby earns, this is Income Related ESA (IESA). Or it is paid based on National Insurance contributions (CESA) providing enough of them have been paid over a particular period of time.

If you contact your local JobCentrePlus or somewhere who has a Benefits Adviser, such as Citizens Advice, they should be able to give you an idea about whether you are eligible to apply for it. This Linky has more details about ESA, as well as contact numbers to find out more, make a claim by phone etc.

When you get a minute, if you want to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: over to "Where To Say Hello" and tell us a little about yourself, it would be lovely to "meet" you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jackaddict » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:17 pm

You can apply if you're married but it might depend on how much your partner earns. Over a certain amount and you wouldn't be eligible but it's worth applying to find out. You would have to undertake a medical through Atos though and that it hard work. You might also be able to apply for PIP the new DLA which is not means tested but also requires a medical from Atos.
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby Aggie1996 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:06 am

:-) Thank you to all for the answers!

Im surley will meet u on" where to say hallo "
Thanks again
Aggie1996
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits