[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Working with Fibromyalgia

Working with Fibromyalgia

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Working with Fibromyalgia

Postby diaryroom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi there
Just wondered if anyone has any advice about where I stand regarding the benefit system. I work 25 hours a week and don't think I could increase to full time due to Fibromyalgia. Is there any help out there financially because of my inability to work full time?
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Re: Working with Fibromyalgia

Postby leigh73 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 pm

You can apply for working tax credits if you are on a low income. If you are in rented accommodation you can try to see if you are eligible for housing benefit. If you go on the tax credits website you can put in a few details just to see if you may qualify. Good luck
leigh73
UKFM Member

Postby diaryroom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks for that. I wouldn't get tax credits as I live with my partner. Unfortunately they don't take into account money going out only what is coming in.
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Postby catscout » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I am single and looked into getting tax credits, I worked 24 hours and was told I needed to work 30 hours to get tax credits. So you have to earn more to to get help with the money, ridiculous! Good luck.
catscout
UKFM Member

Postby padders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:10 pm

I believe you can claim tax credits if you work 16 hours or more. You get a extra allowance if you work 30 hours or more so whoever told you that you couldn't claim is in the wrong. Also Diaryroom have you tried to claim DLA or what ever it is called now PIP I think that doesn't take into account how much you have coming in.
padders
UKFM Member

Postby diaryroom » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 am

Thank you Padders. I did wonder about PIP but the whole process scares me. I've heard such stories about people going through a medical and made to feel like crap. Problem with Fibro is you have good and bad days so what happens when your medical is on a good day?
diaryroom
UKFM Member

Postby diaryroom » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 pm

diaryroom
UKFM Member

Postby silvermaneuk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:33 pm

You can claim tax credits if you are a couple if you work combined 24 hours. If you get DLA or pip you will get a disability element.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
silvermaneuk
UKFM Member

Postby PolkaBunny » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I went through PIP and I have to say it was very simple and the lady I saw was lovely, and my claim was allowed. ESA- now thats another story, I had a lot of trouble with that. But you have to remember that most of the time you only hear the bad stories, when things have gone wrong. Its not a nice process, and i did feel quite degraded as I had to list things I couldnt do and it made me feel bad about myself for a while. But then it was over, and now I get standard Care and enhanced Mobility rate, so I am very glad my mum pushed me to do it. x
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits