Work Related Group ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Work Related Group ESA

Postby macca » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Anyway let us know how you get on, fingers crossed it will come good for you.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:54 am

The supercession is the only way to go, as you can't appeal a Tribuanl decision unless on a point of law. In a supercession you're basically declaring your codniton ahs deteriorated from the time you originally ahs your ESA assessment some months ago.

A Supercession will take time , so in the meantime you're still left with the current problem of if you can't persuade them to do the interviews over the phone, they can recommend a sanction to the DWP. While you might have a good chance of appealing it, this all takes time, can be a long drawn out bureaucratic process and causes a lot of stress. Would seriously advise you avoid all risk of a sanction, if possible..

Would your GP do a letter for you, saying you can't make it to the interviews due to mobility problems?. Then you'd be able to ask for the company doing the interviews to confirm they will reimburse the cost of your taxi fares to the interview . They do this for other people. On being asked about this , they might just decide to avoid the costs, and change you over to WFI's over the phone.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:11 am

Just out of interest when i wrote to DWP to request a supercession on my wifes claim i'd compiled such a complete picture that it took just 16 days includng a christmas and new year to change the decision.

That was specific to her case of course but what i'm saying is if the evidence is there then theres no reason for a delay.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 am

macca wrote:Just out of interest when i wrote to DWP to request a supercession on my wifes claim i'd compiled such a complete picture that it took just 16 days includng a christmas and new year to change the decision.

That was specific to her case of course but what i'm saying is if the evidence is there then theres no reason for a delay.

Mac

That was very fast indeed, but sometimes there's no rhyme nor reason to how long the DWP can take to process and make a decision. They can also ask for another asessment, or for more information to be given. Depending on what info they've received with the request and how detailed it is or isn't. Just trying to keep the OP covered from all angles. Have read several threads recently where people on ESA have been sanctioned , and not always because of something the person has or ahsn't done. But because of administration errors. Even these have proved very stressful to sort out.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am

I personnally think thats why it pays to get your local MP involved. If DWP can see that their own award of another benefit through meeting particular criteria must by default authorise award of ESA support group, and the local MP is keeping a watching brief on the supercession request, then theres at least a good chance of achieving the correct award.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby PolkaBunny » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Just to update you all, I will be writing a letter tomorrow, but just to see what they would say/and to add "more" to my letter, I made some phone calls yesterday.

1St phone call - ESA Number, explained situation and was told it is certainly the problem of the WRAG provider, not DWP.

2nd phone call - WRAG provider. Explained that I have been told it is their duty. She tells me that it isnt, and it isnt up to them to get me there as that isnt their job. I said that I completely understand what she is saying, because basically once I am in the door they can help me, but it isnt up to them to help me get there, and she said its a fault with the job centre that has happened many times. Lovely lady, and i do agree with what she was saying.

3rd phonecall - My local job centre. Explained what phone calls 1 and 2 have said, and she told me that it was nothing to do with them, it is down to the WRAG provider, and what I need to do now is write a COMPLAINT to the WRAG provider, and tell them that they arent fulfilling their duties and explain how bad it is. I said "Do you really think its apropriate that I COMPLAIN to a company that I havent even met yet?" I told her that I have spent two YEARS fighting them and their assessments, i am not about to start it all again. I said to her that because I am in the high mobility category for PIP, I am going to request a supercession as they arent interested in helping me. she suddenly said "Oh oh, erm, we may be able to organise a taxi ill call you on monday"
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Yeah, the work program provider won't want your supercession request buggering up their stats / payment, but you have to put yourself first and pursue whats right for you (whatever you decide that is).

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:23 am

Keep at them Polka, until they agree, as the Work Providers are given a budget for travel expenses and a host of other things, but don't seem to like using it unless squeezed. Obviously they might ask for some sort of evidence your needs justify a taxi, otherwise everyone would ask for one. But for genuine needs if they insist you have to attend and won't agree to do an interview over the phone, then they'll have to pay a taxi for the pleasure of your company.

And don't forget to start putting your case for supercession together ASAP , as think you'll find the Work Providers aren't of much help to anyone, so the Support Group would be the best place to be for you.As Macca suggested getting your MP involved if he's any good, can often help move things along.

It's shocking our government is paying so much money to these Work Providers, who seem to have very inexperienced staff answering phones as well as running courses, while being totally unfamiliar with the government's policies and regulations on ESA. Even our own DWP staff sometimes aren't familiar enough with the rules. And playing pass the parcel with 'who is respnsible for what' between the WP and DWP including the job centre seems to be a very common feature of this system.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits