New to Fibromyalgia and stupid benefit system..

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to Fibromyalgia and stupid benefit system..

Postby kittyrocket » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi all :lol: Had the wonderful call off esa to say that I had only received 6pts, so therefore did not qualify for esa. Had a ten minute discusion over the phone where I pulled apart the report given by a nurse at atos, DWP blokie said he would phone me back within 15mins. When he phoned back he said he was awful sorry that so much was not noted in the report and that he was able to make my award up to 12pts. This still is too little :crazy:
Makes me mad that within a few minutes and a chat over the phone they had managed to pluck up another six points but couldnt see their way to giving me the extra few points to make me qualify, just added salt to the wounds!!
So my questions are, do i fight this? Are they just trying it on? How do I go about asking my doctor for a report to help me?
So many false and lacking statments within the report!!! cannot beleive iv worked so hard for years and rightly so, I just trusted that the wonderful great Britain would have a safety net to help workers out without demeaning them. I just want time to build myself back up without this awful stress and then get back to life. xxx
"The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom"
kittyrocket
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to Fibromyalgia and stupid benefit system..

Postby denys » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes fight it, appeal the decision and give them as much supporting evidence as you can, also with you being new to the forum why not pop over to the 'where to say hello' board and introduce yourself, maybe you will be able to get some extra advice on coping :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kittyrocket » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:06 am

Thanx Denys, I'll do that. Gotta get my fighting head on I think ;-) xx
kittyrocket
UKFM Newbie

Postby rolsy66 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 am

Hi, I spend my day supporting people just like you. Put an appeal in immediately and go through every single question on the score sheet write your notes accordingly.. I am a fibro sufferer and know that we and good days and then really bad days. Keep a diary leading up to your appeal hearing. You will be seen by a judge and a doctor, all the cases that I have taken to appeal, I have not lost one. Your benefit should be reinstated until the outcome of the appeal.

You could send a snap shot of your diary and also speak with your gp and ask them to do a report for you, especially if you have and understanding one like mine.

I do work with vulnerable adults who are homeless and what the dwp have been instructed to do is move a certain figure off ESA and one to jsa, makes the government figs look good. The only reason why I work, is I have an understanding employer.

Good luck, give me a shout if you need any more help
rolsy66
UKFM Newbie

Postby daisies » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 am

Appeal I did. I attended my tribunal last week and won. They can only say no.
daisies
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am

Appeal and get help from fightback they have a page on Facebook are very good won 99% of the appeals thay have handled it is free advice, they ask for donations heres a link https://www.facebook.com/FightBack4Justice?fref=ts
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:40 am

Hello kittyrocket first thing you do is ask yourself questions about the medical itself 'did you take any reports and were they read ?
did they give me time to answer the questions?
were they qualified to do this assessment ?

you should get a report and you need to ask for a re-consideration first writing down in blocks with the questions and answers they have given and your reasons why they are wrong

after that if they do not change there mind you ask for a appeal where it will go to a tribunal get legal help from CAB, unemployment rights centre or welfare rights

hope this helps

robert
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby kittyrocket » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Thanx so much for your replys some really good advice, im going to make a start on making notes today so I may well take up your offers for further advice. Feeling alot more possitive today, if not a little drained lol :crazy: xxx
kittyrocket
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits