can esa be claimed as couple

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can esa be claimed as couple

Postby mrsk89 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm

we have small children and i am in the prosess of getting dx just waiting for rheumatologist app on tuesday my husband works full time but is taking lots of time off to care for me and the kids i fear he may loose his job can i claim esa for us jointly ?
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Re: can esa be claimed as couple

Postby nessy1979 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Yes, my partner lost his job a month after our son was born as he had to take time off to look after me/ our baby, he went on jsa originally but the jobseekers advisor said it would be bettering do a joint esa claim as it would prob happen again ( he did miss some meetings at jobcenter as I was bad) I just spoke to the women on the esa helpline and they were really helpfully. It's not much more as a joint claim but helps, good luck
nessy1979
UKFM Newbie

Postby mrsk89 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:30 pm

thankyou this is all so new to me and already so severe i hate not being able to play with the kids
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Postby calipsopink » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:51 am

Hi yes u can and if u get pip Daly living not sure what leval u need but if u get a certain one he can also claim carer allowance for u he can still work but u will get the help u need it takes a fight all I can say is good luck
calipsopink
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits