What a relief! Got a Blue Badge!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What a relief! Got a Blue Badge!

Postby *karina* » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 pm

I I am very new to this forum and read a lot about you all just before i sent my application form for Blue Badge! I was extremely worry that there will be not a chance for me to get this help. Despite this i decided to post my form anyway and prayed they would recognize that i am genuinely need one. That was on Monday. On Thursday i received a phone call from them asking me all sorts of questions and been told that it will be passed to their team, so they will let me know within 2-3 weeks. Today is next Monday, i received their answer this morning saying that my application form was successful. Have to say, my husband have his Blue Badge too a few years ago, so for those who wants to apply for one, yes, do it! Just tell them exactly how you feel and Good luck!
*karina*
UKFM Member

Re: What a relief! Got a Blue Badge!

Postby CharChar82 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:21 am

Congrats on your blue badge !

are you receiving higher rate mobility DLA ?
CharChar82
UKFM Newbie

Postby mikeyboy2014 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:36 am

Congrat Karina - I got my Blue Badge after my GP filled in the additional form that comes with the application for those people who are not on the higher rate of DLA - he stated I had Fibro and chronic regional pain syndrome sent it off the one week and had the blue badge the following week no questions asked, anyone with fibro should apply if they need it - here in wales it's free but understand it costs £10 elsewhere
mikeyboy2014
UKFM Member

Postby ToniJShuttleworth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am

amazing well done huni I myself am very new to this forum and FM also the benefits I can claim like PIP I did not know however that you have to send off for a blue badge too? so thanks for the heads up as I feel my FM is terrible most days as im still trying to manage it and still under my FM consultant hugs x
ToniJShuttleworth
UKFM Newbie

Postby moomoos » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 am

Congratulations :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 am

Are you on the high rate DLA ?
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby mikeyboy2014 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:47 am

you don't need to be on higher rate of DLA to apply for a blue badge
mikeyboy2014
UKFM Member

How much have i spent?

Postby dejay » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 am

I have asked before about this subject, but did not know how to put a subject on here ,up to now I have only put ansers to someone else message, so here goes! has any one spent money on pills, potions and other things that are supposed to help pain of fibro and arthritis,I have, if I read anything I am afraid I would buy just hoping that this would be the anser, A few weeks ago I made my mind up not to buy any thing else, but now I am waiting to hear if D_Ribosa is any good, I know I have spent a lot, don't know how much, I spoke to my dr and he told me if any of these things were any good dr,s would be dishing them out, now I am only on meds from dr but I am still thinking may be one day!!! lots of love
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 am

Sorry for butting in on someone else,s message I tried to put this on a separate message, I got it wrong,i am just leaning lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby *karina* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi! Sorry, i was sooo unwell lately, still suffer with bronchitis, two months now. Plus sold the house, god knows where to live now. Have to fill in loooots of different form and scream for help! Now, i have to admit there was NO help whatsoever for my doctors, sorry, they just useless here. I wish that can change. When i asked for her help with application form, she said, oooo! You can do it yourself. So i spend next evening writing a letter on my computer. No i do not receive a high mobility component from DLA/PIP. And i also forgot to send them a payment of £10 (i am in Midlands) with the application form. They send me a letter saying that my application form is successful and asked for payment, you can do it online with your local Coincil.

You apply for your Blue Badge through you local Council in the first place anyway. Just go to their website and find the page about The Blue Badge Scheme, there should be an application form. I printed mine out, filled in what i could by hand, the rest i typed on my computer. I have chosen very small size of writing so i can fit all in one page. I apologized that i cannot write it in the form as it is difficult for me to write long letters. I have explained what is happening to me. I have told them about my disabled husband too and that he is no longer can help me. I am the only person who does food shopping, taking him to doctors and treatments and also looking after out son. So everyone is relying on me every day. But unfortunately, i am not well ether. I wrote they why i am not well, i also mentioned word for word my Physiotherapist findings about my legs problems. I told them that i use a special mirror to park my car and i bought steering wheel knob for my car to help with restless wrists. I also suffer from IBS and i need a quick assess to toilet. Do you know that you can get a key for disable toilet, think its cost about £5 or something. We got a few places in town where you can park just near toilet, unlock it and use it strait away while you are on disable parking. Its brilliant for people like me!

Hope that will help you. Good luck and thank you sooo much for all your warm replies!!!
*karina*
UKFM Member

Postby *karina* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi ToniJShuttleworth! On the top of this webpage you may see a little box, saying Search with a magnify glass, try to type in Blue Badge or something like that in it and then press Search button. It will show you all the discussions around the Forum regarding Blue Badge and what other people wrote about it + their experiences. Good luck!
*karina*
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits