has anyone ever got esa or pip without having to appeal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

has anyone ever got esa or pip without having to appeal

Postby mrsk89 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 pm

I am newly diagnosed and my fibro is pretty severe I can barely walk I also have terrible depression and anxiety I would like to put in a claim for esa and pip but not sure if I can handle having to appeal everything does anyone ever get it straight away as all I seem to see is everyone being turnt down :(
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Re: has anyone ever got esa or pip without having to appeal

Postby Kyomii » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm

You do not need a diagnosis to apply for PIP/DLA - it is all about how your condition affects you, not the diagnosis. So success will depend on how you are affected, how your doctor states you are affected if they send them the form to fill in, and how you express yourself when filling in the form.
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby MikH-D » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm

ESA no problems, in process for pip, sis got pip no problems I am worse than her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby shazza » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi I applied in September and got basic rate I then received form and then sent it back 2 weeks ago I received a letter saying I have been put in contribution based support group this was straight away i was panicking same as you. Just put down exactly how your life is and how its affecting you, i was very surprised when i got mine although i do have other conditions too. I have not heard from pip,good luck.
Sharon
shazza
UKFM Member

Postby PolkaBunny » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm

My ESA I had a lot of problems applied in...March 2011, assessed in August, informed of failed medical in Feb 2013, and won my appeal in Dec 2013.

PIP, no problems what so ever.

Everyone is different, have you got someone who can support or help you through the process of claiming? x
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I got a letter to say within 2 weeks i got my esa application would arrive it arrive about a week and half ago. I husband filled it in for me because my hands are treble when writing and gripping a pen.

Then i received a telephone call to say i had been put in a support group and that i didn't have to go to a job center or anything.

My D.L.A runs out in October this year and i'm now waiting for all my forms from there to come.

Hope this helps.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Ria Landon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm

My esa wasn't awarded straight away but I asked for a reconsideration and after it was looked at again following another interview via telephone I was then put into the support group. So I didn't need to go to appeal.

I do hope your claim is straight forward and you receive all you are entitled to as smoothly as possible.
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk89 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Thankyou all for your replies who would be best to help with the forms?
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits