working and PIP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

working and PIP

Postby cozza50 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Has any one got PIP and they are working ? as there dont seem to be much info on this subject
cozza50
UKFM Member

Re: working and PIP

Postby westne5 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:47 am

Hi hun. I work part time now as i can no longer manage full time hours, but it seems you can't work and claim pip. Nor do i qualify for working tax creds as i work less than 30 hours a week and have no children. No pip, so no mobility either. Sorry to be glum! Xxx
westne5
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:43 am

There are days when i think i could do a little light job, not my usual nursing job, but i wouldn't have enough money coming in to pay the bills going out if i worked part time and having no significant other if i don't qualify for PIP then i will end up homeless. At the moment i receive high rate mobility and low rate care from DLA and ESA support group payments.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dwp041.pdf

try this link you can claim PIP and work at same time
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 pm

not pip but DLA, I appealed a decision last February, and the judge told me that because I drove myself and I can knit, I obviously don't qualify for care!!!! What would she have said if I worked I dread to think
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 am

I thinking getting any benefit that is health related is getting tougher and if my friend who has been in a wheelchair and had high rate DLA since then till last year when they told him because he had upper body strength and could move himself from his car to his electric chair he didn't qualify. After appeal he won, but he shouldn't have had to appeal its a system gone mad.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby *karina* » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:54 pm

God! You are scaring me! We are waiting for the answer on PIP for my husband now. He is working at this moment only to support mortgage for the last few months until we complete the sale of our house, then he must stop working as he terribly struggling and we really need a house with a stair lift for him and me some days. Theoretically DLA/PIP has got nothing to do with your income as these money for you to move around and look after yourself only. They do not stop any tax from this money. I would really argue the fact that you cannot work on PIP. That shouldn't be a question!
*karina*
UKFM Member

Postby westne5 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Thank you Robbie for that link, I was lead to believe that I couldn't apply due to my part time work!! Really struggle to pay bills on a part time wage!! x
westne5
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits