blue badge help plz

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

blue badge help plz

Postby cdcrossy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 pm

hi just a quick one i went for a blue badge assessment a month ago could hardly walk it took me a lot to go when i got there had a chat with a o.t and she never asked me to walk around just asked questions about my fybro and other problems then i have rang the council a few times to ask about my application as i submitted it in july 2013 and the postal order must run out soon and i keep getting the run around i first asked the o.t do i qualify for the badge and she told me that the council make the final decision and that i would know in 2 weeks and i had gave all the right information like a personal letter from a pain management consultant saying i needed a badge because i had a lot of cronic pain and had falling arches which hurts like hell when i stand on my left foot al my doc reports and prescriptions so when i rang the first time i was told she was away till end of the week and then it will be done so my answer was the womam told me that the final word was from ur selfs then i rang back a week later and the answer was she is back on friday to which she has a meeting with the blue badge team and your application will be finished then i rang back monday gone and got the excuse that the woman is off sick and they will ring me when she is back are there is something i can do as the turn around is 8 weeks for a blue badge not months haha sorry about the page turner but thats the story. its like they want me to just give up which is not going to happen but no news is good news i suppose just want a few thoughts.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: blue badge help plz

Postby Kiara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 pm

I had no problems applying for my blue badge but i had to show my Disability Living Cert first . Hope you hear soon , i would keep at them x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi I applied for my blue badge in Nov 2013 and had it by Christmas, at my assessment I just told her about my Fibro and she told me there and then I would get one. so not sure why yours is taking so long. I would phone again and keep phoning until they give you an answer
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:49 pm

i got a letter back and my photograph and postal order with an explanation that really i could do more with my life and that i hessataite to walk on my left hand side and that basically i put it on i was shocked and wrote a reply stating that i limp on my left side is worse and i cannot stand to put weight on my left side i cannot even wear shoes i have to wear flip flops because i cannot stand anything on my left foot i wasn't even assessed we just talked for over an hr got asked alkyds of questions i think to try and trick me then i was told it would take 2 weeks and waited 4 weeks with a story every time i rang that the person was away or sick and i would get a call when a decision was made which i found funny as i rang on the 25th and the letter was dated 24th but they said no decision had been made haha I'm sending a email over to my local mp as i have a personal letter from the pain consultant i seen stating that i need a badge to help me as i have cronic pain and it will get worse never better and he would back me up all the way but i don't think there is any criteria for these badges as i think they just see fit who gets em and who doesn't oh yeh by the way its sefton council I'm dealing with
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Jivebunnie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi, it's obvious that applying for a blue badge isn't that straightforward everywhere in the UK.

I applied on line & someone from the council rang me up, did a telephone interview & I was told there and then that I qualified.

I also applied for a concession bus pass (free travel) and I also got that.

Good luck with yours

JB
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:29 pm

bloody heck thats alright, i wish i could have done that. are council here are a gang of :girl_moon: :girl_moon: i applied in june last year and had to harass them and then got assessed in jan 2014 hahaha. 8 week turn around i was told, i even think the postal order i sent in the beginning ran out of date. i did get approved in liverpool council via doctors appointment, and then got a letter to go and get a badge, but when i got there i had moved to different council so i had to re apply. its a joke. i had more evidence than u needed but still no, it makes me laugh its not like there paying for it, i don't even use parking meters i wanted it to go the shops etc thats all .
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing of phrasing, punctuation etc for suitable reading by all.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits