help please??

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help please??

Postby mrsk89 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:00 pm

am i entitled to claim esa? i have fibro and depression and anxiaty my husband works and we have 3 children, my gp says she cant give me a sick note to claim esa because i am a stay at home mum therefore would not be in employment anyway.
so shes saying i cant claim esa in these circumstance but ive been told that i can?? help please.

also if my husband has to give up work which is looking like it could be possible in the near future as i am not coping would i claim esa as a coiple for both of us or would i claim esa and him income support? thanks in advance
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Re: help please??

Postby pj666 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Hiya! I would suggest you give your local Citizens Advice Bureau a ring! They'll be able to advise you on what (if any) benefits you can apply for! Its a minefield so I always get CAB help! Good luck! :-D
pj666
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kiara » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm

I get Esa if you have worked then yes you are entitled to this benefit. Phone the DWP and ask for an application form. Good luck x
Kiara
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:20 pm

I would suggest contacting somewhere such as CAB too. As well as being able to see about your eligibility for ESA, the adviser may be able to give you an idea of what you may be eligible to claim if hubby does give up work and become your full~time carer.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jenkins12 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 pm

There is a piece on dwp web site that is a few questions on wether you are elegable for ESA , but you will need a doctors sick note with out it they won't pay you .
Also citizens advice will help .
My husband has not had to give up work to look after me , I receive care , and ESA ... Partners don't have to give up work you can get care regardless if you are seen as needing it.
Jenkins12
UKFM Newbie

Postby mrsk89 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks all my Dr is just saying she cant give me a sick note so in at a loss on how to claim esa really
mrsk89
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits