Circumstance change

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Circumstance change

Postby Colegg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:42 pm

In the last 6 months my circumstances have changed my health has got worse and need more care than before when I was awarded low care on dla when it tells you to tell them about your change in circumstance if your health gets worse or better do you have to reapply for dla/pip or do I just get asked to send supporting evidence in and they review it as I got plenty of time left on my original award unless they call for me to fill in pip forms
Anyone able to help thanks
Colegg
UKFM Member

Re: Circumstance change

Postby Boro » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 pm

I have read that if you report a change, then you are automatically asked to apply for PIP. See if you can find out from one of the Government sites, they are changing the rules daily. Hope it all goes ok for you xxx
Boro
UKFM Newbie

Postby Colegg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks x
Colegg
UKFM Member

Postby carole50 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi i was awarded lrc indefinitely a while ago now and due to fibro and other health problems seen a lady from welfare rights regarding the same matter she filled a new form in and they just did a reconsideration was moved up to middle didnt send any new medical evidence and they did not contact doc just stated my new difficulties xx
carole50
UKFM Newbie

Postby Colegg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks I got fibro and few other conditions and life has become more and more difficult in last few months with my sister being constantly with me while my husband is at work as I am not ment to be on my own or if I am not for long might be worth ringing them then but frightened I am going to loose my lrc as you never know which way things can go
Colegg
UKFM Member

Postby scampikat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 am

hi, like you i have got worse, to the point of my daughters care for me. I put off for nearly a year going for higher rate until last november I rang up and spoke to a nice lady who said she would send me a new form and it would not be the PIP form, it took me a while to fill it in as i would look at it and think they asked that question in the last bit etc so i did bit by bit each day or every few days, and before i sent it in i photo copied it because im worried i will get brain fog on the day if they come to see me.
I had a letter saying it will take about 11 weeks to do and now had a letter from my doc to go for medical with him the fact ive seen him twice in the last 2 weeks doesnt count and receptionist is saying we only do reports on saturdays, so the fact i will see him in a few days wont matter!!! what im trying to say really is go for it as soon as you can. although ive seen PIP forms (specimens) and they dont look as bad.

i hope this helps :-)
scampikat
UKFM Newbie

Postby sam4johnny » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:35 am

I reported a change just a few weeks ago and it remains DLA not PIP. I rang and they sent me out a form to add additional needs to.
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Postby Colegg » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 am

Thanks for all your help think I will go see my gp then ring if she thinks I got a good case to put in a circumstance change recently she did get on to the to to change my shower chair for a stool as chair didn't fit in shower and told my sister not to leave me on my own so I think she would support my case x
Colegg
UKFM Member

Postby Davesmum » Mon May 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but who do you report a change in circumstance to?
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Postby sam4johnny » Mon May 12, 2014 4:53 pm

You just call DLA and tell them x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mummy to two boys, 4 & 7, FM & Bipolar AND full-time undergraduate student! I must be MAD!!

Everything happens for a reason - just don't know the reason I'm so ill!! :(
sam4johnny
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits