21 week wait for PIP medical!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

21 week wait for PIP medical!

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm

I completed and sent off my daughters PIP forms back in September 2013 she also has Fibro/CFS/TMJ

In October the 31st the DWP sent the forms off to ATOS to be assessed to see about a medical which is quiet standered especially for new claims.

I called DWP to be told its still with ATOS and to call them to see whats happening as there around 16weeks behind :shock: were now middle of March making my daughters claim around 19weeks :shock:

ATOS then tell me actually there sooooo busy its now 21 weeks from when the DWP send off the forms to getting a medical date :yikes:
and that we should be getting an appointment come through soon.

Then after the medical it goes back to DWP decision makers making the whole new claim process be around 9 months!!! :yikes:

Now DWP say that all DLA indefinates will be assessed from 2015 :-? somehow i cant see that happening IF there taking 9 months for new claiments :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: 21 week wait for PIP medical!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:04 pm

That is ludicrous with how long it is taking Lisa :nono: :nono: :nono: We knew the system was in a mess, but that time frame suggests that it's in complete meltdown :shock: :shock: :shock: 9 months for a claim process is beyond ridiculous :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Thats from sending the forms off, for it to be assessed by DWP then off again to ATOS taking over 21 weeks JUST for a date to be set, then wait for date/have medical then by time it gets sent back to DWP and they assess and make a decision and send that back out to you is well up to 9 months :yikes: might as well say 10 as takes many weeks to fill out :roll: cause i have to do a little a day taking my time...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Purplepig » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 pm

I applied 10/12, returned form by 10/01. Had Atos medical 28/02, and was told by nurse if I don't hear by 14/03 I should call them. I queried how others have said many months her reply was that I'm fortunate in the area I live Scottish Highlands as they are on top of their workload. Will keep you informed.
Purplepig
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 pm

ATOS did mention that different areas may vary and the average being 16 weeks but where i am in Hertforshire its 21 weeks :yikes:
*Lisa*

Postby lisap134 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi, I live in Reading sent my PiP forms in 7/13 had atos medical 10/13 have been ringing weekly to see how its going every week the same its in the system we just need to make sure we have all information needed before we send back to DWP. Today i rang atos to be told they have sent an electronic copy to dwp and will send paperwork also to them which could take a further 3 days. I then rang DWP to be told they havent yet got the electronic update and when it is on there system it has to be assessed by them which could take a further 3-4weeks to get an answer.
lisap134
UKFM Newbie

Postby linda3719 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:49 pm

I have waited since the end of August last year - finally got so fed up with the wait, I contacted my mp. Never done that before, but low and behold after he had emailed them, they tell him my appointment for medical is 25th.D :-D

I just hope this medical is not the farce my one for esa was - I had to appeal at tribunal for that - and won!!

Well go for me medical on 25th - guess another waiting game for decision. Wish the powers at be could work out a better way
of sorting all this. Makes your situation even worse with all this stress.

Good luck every one xxx :-D :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 pm

lisap134 wrote:Hi, I live in Reading sent my PiP forms in 7/13 had atos medical 10/13 have been ringing weekly to see how its going every week the same its in the system we just need to make sure we have all information needed before we send back to DWP. Today i rang atos to be told they have sent an electronic copy to dwp and will send paperwork also to them which could take a further 3 days. I then rang DWP to be told they havent yet got the electronic update and when it is on there system it has to be assessed by them which could take a further 3-4weeks to get an answer.

:yikes: So i gather i could be in for another long ole wait AFTER the medical :yikes:

Yea i got the same excuse when i rang in Feb, just fobbed me off with *we need to make sure we have all information* :roll: oh well at least some one told me the truth today :lol:

Good luck for your medical Linda :fingerscrossed: from what i know the medical is not as bad as ESA :fingerscrossed:

:goodluck2: everyone :fingerscrossed: we all get a positive result after this long hall of a joke of a system :roll:
*Lisa*

Postby MikH-D » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:11 pm

I applied in nov last year returned my forms in dec, still her nothing aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby sue dowling » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 pm

i had my medical yesterday at home after waiting from november so everything is crossed now xxxxx
:-D
sue dowling
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sarah35 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:21 pm

I already get Dla , had my forms to fill in for pip in January, returned them end of January now waiting on what's next. My Dla runs till may. So wondering does it take as long means already getting benefit ?
Thanks sarah
Sarah35
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlemac0191 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Sent my forms off in mid October, just had my pip appointment on Monday, I was told 8/10 weeks for a decision. fingers crossed. I think every area must have a different time scale. I have heard that unless you get a home appointment then its a no, i hope not as my support worker took me there.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby lilissa1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Im in the south west returned my form1st November 13 was told 12 weeks till medical by the dwp phoned atos yesterday to be told there is a long waiting list no idea when I will have my medical I just have to wait. Its ridiculous the amount of stress and worry you have just waiting for a letter is madness!!!
lilissa1
UKFM Newbie

Postby Maria68 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 pm

My word......this is a waiting game, initial phone call to DWP on 24th August 2013..Forms filled and sent back 17 September 2013, Medical 15th January 2014 and I am still waiting for decision, whenever I ring they tell me that the forms are either back with Atos or with them with decision team....30 weeks and counting. I hope it is not a no after all this time :( has anyone had a decision yet with the new PIP system? (oh, I am from Manchester area)
Living the Dream :-) well some days I am
Maria68
UKFM Member

Postby raindaisyflower » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 pm

I rang for a PIP form today..i am expecting the whole process to take about 2 years.. :shock: seriously I am...

I have worked in welfare rights and remain in contact with ex colleagues , both work with severe disability and cancer support..they say the system IS in meltdown..ATOS have stopped doing ESA assessments and PIP is a disaster...

a friend contacted me today...her husbands motability car is being taken back next week..it was the first they heard of it...went to CAB..seems the new PIP form is sent out..if you delay ..even a day..they assume you no longer need help...so the money is stopped :twisted:

If you are expecting an ESA assessment rest assured you will not be called...gawd only knows about PIP..??

if you are still waiting for a decision..hopefully the "old" way at DWP will be put back to clear the back log and decisions are made with common sense rather targets!!

and this is all affecting peoples lives...please try not to let this lot in again... :nono:
raindaisyflower
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits