21 week wait for PIP medical!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: 21 week wait for PIP medical!

Postby bouncer0304 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Sent my forms off end of August last year and finally had an appointment for 15th April. I rung them to arrange a new date since the Swansea centre is on the fourth floor. The lady was really understanding and as luck would have it, she had Fibro aswell! So my appointment was rearranged for the next day in Bridgend since it it was on the ground level. I also requested audio equipment since i wanted extra evidence.

Last week i spent most of it in hospital with Gastroenteritis. I phoned Monday just to check about the audio equipment. Lucky i did since they claimed no request had been made! The guy told me that they'd ring back if there was a problem. Getting twitchy, i rung the next day and as luck would have it, i spoke to the lady incharge of the recording equipment. She told me that for the South Wales and part of the South West area, there was only two sets of equipment! She put my assessment on hold and put it on my file as being put on hold by them due to the equipment not being available and I had a letter this morning confirming that. The lady told me that it could be a month or two before my assessment is done but she made sure that it would be in the same place. Basically, i have to wait until the equipment is free so i'm now on a waiting list for that.

I can't believe how poorly equiped they are and even the lady said it was stupid they didn't have more sets. Quite frankly, each assessment should be audio recorded as standard with an option of video recording if the person wanted it. My sister had to take time off for nothing and her holidays are limited. It annoys me that she had a day off which keans she could need time off but not be able to do so because of that lost day. The whole situation is daft to say thenleast! Now i have to wait again....
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:29 pm

I started my daughters claim in June 2013 and still waiting for a home assessment date
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 am

Well the posts on this thread don't bode well for my own wait re the PIP changeover then :lol:

Took long enuff for my ATOS work capability assessment to come thru after having sent back the weighty 'tome' they refer to as the 'questionnaire'. Had been told I'd hear within three months but it took over 8 MONTHS for the dreaded letter to arrive informing me that I would, indeed, be required to attend an assessment. You all know what that wait's like, dreading the post arriving every day and you cannot put it to the back of your mind no matter how hard you try. Thankfully, I got, what I and all my family and friends see as being, the correct outcome from my assessment i.e. have been put on Contributory ESA and in the Support Group. The doctor also recommended that I never be asked to attend any further assessments, by which I think she just meant that should any future assessments be required, they should be done in my own home.

Anyhoo, one hurdle over but still having to wait for the other assessment re the change in DLA becoming PIP and I'm totes dreading THAT! I'm also on indefinite DLA and have been since 2000 having never applied before that albeit my mobility problems had been with me since 1974!!!! It was only a 'fortunate' encounter with one of my hubby's ex-work colleagues at a funeral, who assumed I was also able to get a car on motability just like him with his work injury, which mine was too.....I didn't even know I was eligible! Well the doc for that assessment came to my home and I wasn't even asked to 'go' anywhere to one but had, until that time, been going for annual medicals by the DWP to check I REALLY was disabled! I'd also had to be still getting an annual medical certificate from my GP, what a palaver I'd had for 26 YEARS! :crazy:

Like everybody who gets awarded DLA, my first award was only for one year, but was then declared to be indefinite which allowed me to eventually go for a motability car when our old Vectra was beginning to give up the ghost and we needed a new car for me which would also the tow car for our caravan. It had always been my car that was the tow car because I clocked up way less mileage than my hubby did in his car so it made sense. Little did we know at the time that this might lead to major probs in years to come....i.e. when the government decided to change the DLA to PIP which, in my understanding, is NOT like DLA by continuing ad infinitum once you're on it no matter what your age, but IF you or I are lucky enuff to be awarded it, you will lose it when you reach state pension age! If my information is correct, this is DISGRACEFUL! The powers that be obviously want all of us decrepits to become housebound, miseries who will then do the 'decent' thing and reach for the hari kari knives to save the DWP lots more dosh!!!!!!!!

So, I too, am dreading getting that letter about a PIP assessment dropping thru the letter box any time from 2015 onwards.......

I can only wish the very best of luck, (and let's face it there defo is a lot of luck involved in this lottery because they don't seem to care/recognize the peeps who are truly eligible anyhoo), to everybody who's waiting to be grilled or awaiting the outcome of their Spanish inquisition, I mean....PIP assessment. I did sign up to a benefits website before my work capability assessment in the hope it would prove useful because I was all set to have to lodge an appeal had I failed the assessment. Mercifully, that wasn't necessary, but the PIP.....ohhhhhh....w-h-o-l-e new ball game....... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Good luck peeps.
Gentle hugglies,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Well were still waiting for a medical :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 21 weeks has long flown by :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: will chase them up next week .....again!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:47 pm

HUH!!! 21 week my... :girl_moon: :-? :-? :-? :-?

Still nothing!! called up last week to be told the same as when i called a few months back that were in the que for an appointment with ATOS :evil: :evil: So we have been waiting 10months now :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Mind you... in the news it was stating that the terminaly ill people have not recieved theres and many have died before getting a payement :( :( :( :( :(

They also want all indefinated DLA claimers to be assessed for PIP by 2015!! :-? :-? cant see that either if people are waiting a year already :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby BillieRae » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:17 am

Hi, thought I'd post my experience with the PIP assessment as fingers crossed I'm coming to the end of my battle.

I filled in my application in October 2013, I had my assessment with ATOS 5 weeks ago (June 2014) and was advised on the day that there is a 6-8 weeks wait after that for a final verdict. It does seem to be a location by location base on how long it takes to get looked at. I had some insider knowlegdge when I was applying for my PIP as my mum works in the building were they asses Blue Barge holders and was told how long the wait was, and that althought it was worth calling to check it wasn't advised to keep calling. As its a new system they have no set deadlines and apparently have put peoples forms to the bottom of the pile if they find them pestering (please bare in mind this is only what I have heard).

One useful bit of advice, when you do finally get your appointment from ATOS or whoever is reviewing for you assessment, it will probably be within two weeks of getting the letter so not too long of a wait.

I was very lucky, my nurse was lovely and knew all about Fibro. I felt like she knew what I needed to have on my form and helped me get there. The assessment was a little embarrassing for me as they ask some mental questions to test how your brains works and as a top student throughout my life I got embarassed not being able to answer simple maths questions, but hey at least it makes me realise its not my brain giving up but my condition causing it.

I hope this is of some help. I have 3 weeks to go till 8 weeks since my assessment. On the day I will be calling DWP as advised by the nurse to get an answer from if they haven't heard already.
BillieRae
UKFM Newbie

Postby fletch » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:06 am

I've been waiting 50 weeks and the DWP have not got anything from capita yet
fletch
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits