ESA and other benefits

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA and other benefits

Postby kp007 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Hello fellow Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS sufferers... I have just been reassessment and now placed in a Support Group..claiming income related ESA, does anyone know if I am entitled to any other financial help? If so What?
kp007
UKFM Member

Re: ESA and other benefits

Postby Garyl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Have you filled in a esa3 form?that can help you obtain a bit more
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Lipgloss- junkie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Housing benefit, council tax benefit, maybe PIP but the waiting time just for an assessment is horrendous, I'm still waiting for mine after I applied for it in October. Maybe a trip to you local CAB would give you more info x
Lipgloss- junkie
UKFM Newbie

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Anybody claiming esa and pip to be honest it depends on the area you live in on how long your pip is assessed by medical. it seems atos and capita are sitting on cases that should have been done which is not fair on anybody who needs help. Just all keep your peckers up and keep smiling and don't let the system get you down
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby topcatt72 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi all...
i am going to apply for esa again and was wondering how to explain to them my many illnesses due to fibro/hypermobility/F.A.I..... im totally scared they wont give me esa....i was on it bout 2 years ago and they took me off it sayin i could work even though i was in a lot of pain and on crutches!!!! Please can anyone give me tips/advice on how best to tell esa how ill i am.....thnx :-)
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits