Passing Assessment for PIP's

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Passing Assessment for PIP's

Postby littlemac0191 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Finally after 4 years of no money or benefits I have been awarded Pips enhanced. I am totally thrilled and so relieved. I just wanted to share. To show there is light at the end of the tunnell ,and it is only three weeks since my medical assessment. I might even be able to take my house off the market and enjoy not having to have the horrible worry of getting any further into debt and losing my house. I am smiling today.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Re: Passing Assessment for PIP's

Postby zoomie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Congratulations honey, 4 years is horrific.... I hope I don't have to wait so long or we will lose our house :(
Are you going to have a little celebration? xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Congratulations!!!

It took 10 years for me to receive 100% disability but as they say, good things come to those who wait...I got 10 years back pay!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby linnylou » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Happy for you I have that to come not looking forward to it tho xx
linnylou
UKFM Newbie

Postby Hannah24 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I'm currently in the process of applying for PIPs. I have an interview at the beginning of April and am petrified of the process. Due to my fibromyalgia I suffer chronic anxiety and depression. It's to the point that I can't even visit my GP or other people in authority or where I feel there maybe conflict. When it's at its worse I do self-harm and go to a very dark place. I don't want this to trigger anything as my family are all ready under enough strain when it comes to my health.
It's wonderful to hear that you have had a successful outcome when I hear of so many people who are refused or have to go to battle in order to get what they rightly deserve and need. I'm scared that I might not be that lucky and I don't feel I've got the strength to fight let alone attend the appointment. Any tips or advice would be gratefully received.
Cheers x
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby lesleypaul » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:55 pm

sorry to hear you are so down... it is a difficult road with all the BS you have to go thro to get disabitlity... i had to appeal and one night when i felt really bad i wrote a letter, i just kept writing and it was everything i felt. in places it didnt make sense but this disease doesnt make sense.... and i got a doctor who understood fibro (my first visit was with a health worker who i dont think had heard of it )... try something like this, it is becoming more recogniesable by doctors...also have a read of this, print it out and send it to them, it is a study from last year saying it is physical disease... http://www.intidyn.com/Newsroom/article-0009.html ... i have been on it 2 years and already i am dreading next march when i have to reapply...... good luck to you all..... xx
lesleypaul
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlemac0191 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

hi Hannah 24, thanks for having the courage to share, are you aware that you can request a home assessment. Make sure you ask for one they cannot refuse honey, take care of yourself, we are all here for you. karen
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby Hannah24 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was really nervous about posting on here for the first time and I appreciate your responses. It's nice to know that there are people out there going through the same thing.
I'm going to try and get a home visit and take one step at a time.
Thanks x
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

In some terms you are correct you can apply for a home assessment accompanied with a letter from your GP or yes they will refuse also they are now using doctors surgeries, health centres, and community centres to make it easier for people to get to but be advised ring Atos 0300 3300120 and see what they say.

Hope this helps
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Fantastic news so glad its finally come good for you Karen :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lynn56 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Iv had fibromyalgia for 11 years . And tried to apply only once on that time I got turned down. Was wondering weather it is easier to apply for now. And do most get excepted.
lynn56
UKFM Newbie

Postby grazazel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:33 pm

congrats littlemac on getting it. And to Hannah24 I recently had my home assessment for pip, still awaiting the outcome. I was really nervous about it but the lady who did my visit was very nice and understanding, so i say just relax and don't let you get yourself into to much of a state over it as it not as scary as it seems
grazazel
UKFM Newbie

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:05 pm

After reading some things in news and hearing Iain Duncan Smith on telly this morning on Andrew Marr Show only caught last part but basically he was saying it is a great thing they have done basically it is crap and disgusting what they have done. To get PIP now you have to apply it goes to DWP who send it to Atos who put it through what they call Scrutiny. After this it tells them what you need like mine said identified as needing additional support in a lot of areas. this was on the computer then suddenly it was lost DWP said sorry we never received it so I asked how it had managed to get to Atos on March 3rd this I was told 5 times. it had identified I needed additional support yet now you tell me you have not received it. The Supervisor from DWP said we probably did at first but this will be Atos not sending all form back. Didn't say anything because Atos had told me categorically that DWP had said remove all the claim on 13th March. I don't know who did that but have managed to re-apply after DWP sent me a letter saying they had never received it.

Now that to me says like many you get identified as needing additional support your claim is sabotaged or shelved or delayed hoping you will just give in because the likely hood of your getting PIP is 100% and they don't want anyone getting it
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits