Question about audio recording

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Question about audio recording

Postby bouncer0304 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:02 pm

I've had my assessment put on hold due to lack of recording equipment but i'm wondering how it works? Do you get a recording on the day or do you get it later on? It may sound paranoid but my worry is if it's sent later on to me, they may try to edit it in some way. I know it sounds silly but the way ATOS are, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried that! So can someone help me with this? Thanks!
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Re: Question about audio recording

Postby bouncer0304 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:44 am

Just to clarify, i read a booklet which came with my original appointment which states you can ask for an audio recording should you want one. You have to phone the number on the letter to ask for it. Also, if the suspect a secret recording is being made, they can stop and void the assessment if need be.
bouncer0304
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:20 am

I'm not sure how it works but I would suspect there would be two copies one for you and one for them but couldnt say for definite :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:43 am

I think they need a certain amount of notice for an assessment to be recorded.I have hazy memories of reading somewhere about it being something like 14 or 21 days, but to be sure, ringing the number mentioned in your letter is probably the most sensible thing to do.

The part about suspecting that secret recordings may be taking place, and stopping the assessment is right, the thing I read about notice being needed for the assessment recording also mentioned this.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leetankers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 pm

You really don,t need a audio recording as the health examiners are fully trained professionals and certainly wouldn,t put their jobs on the line by lying.You need to just tell them the truth about how you feel and you will get what you are entitled to.This country is too soft with handing out benefits!.....Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 am

When I went through all the hearings I had, everything was recorded. It is a good idea then nothing is misinterpreted and saves time and work when transcribing the information. I am sure that all parties need to be aware that the conversation is being recorded.

Don't worry about the tapes being edited to change the way things might be perceived. If this happened and I can't see it being done, people would be in serious trouble and they could lose their jobs.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby leetankers » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Atos are not obliged to provide any audio equipment whatsoever!You can ask for your hearing to be recorded however they will almost certainly refuse which is well within their rights.You can take your own means of recording in with you providing you tell them first ad you can give them a tape of it too......Hope this helps.....Lee ps Atos do a fantastic job so you shouldn,t worry too much. :-)
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 am

Why have you dug up an older topic to post on??? Doing this may be construed as necroposting/gravedigging, which tends to be associated with the actions of someone spamming and/or trolling.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leetankers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh sorry I didn,t notice how old the post was.
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I do however think that the people of Atos sometimes do get bad press or overreaction and they are just trying to do their jobs.....Somebody has to do it.
leetankers
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits