help advice on work and occupational health

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help advice on work and occupational health

Postby missyb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi all.

I have recently had an occupational health meeting at work at the request of my employer. I had the telephone review on the 2 april and got my copy of the report on 8th april and gave them a copy of it on the 9th. Since then nothing I got diagnosed on the 26th of feb and had a week off due to fibro on the 10th march. Ive filled in a dse assessment form on my return and they said before referring me to occ health that they would do a stress risk assessment which still hasnt been done. The report basically states that I have fibro and recommendations such as ability to work from home and parking space should be allowed I should avoid work stress as this can exasperate symptoms (I have go into a flare due to lack of support of work loads being too high) and they have sai in their opinion I would be covered under the equality act. Does anyone know how long it should take for them to address the report? Or should I log a complaint? Dont know what to do. Any advise would be great x
missyb
UKFM Newbie

Re: help advice on work and occupational health

Postby angelainq » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 pm

have you got a union in your works ? otherwise phone a c a s. employers and employees can get free advise , go on line and theres plenty of advice on their web acas.org hope this helps :-D :idea:
angelainq
UKFM Newbie

Postby missyb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Many thanks will give acas a go.
missyb
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 am

As we are seen as disabled, your work need to carry out reasonable adjustments to enable you to carry out your work. Reasonable is dependant on size of your employer to scale of adjustments needed and can be anything from allowing you to work from home,reviewing your workload and allowing more breaks to supplying computer programs to make things easier. As your ohs has advised certain changes your employer should be in the process of implementing them. If you OHS didn't suggest a stress test it may not be necessary
As others suggest talk to Union or ACAS ,they would be better placed to give advice.
Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits