[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Medical assessments with Atos

Medical assessments with Atos

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medical assessments with Atos

Postby juliewilson2412 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Has anyone got any good advice/guidance or know some good websites as I am going for my medical assessment with Atos in next two weeks? I would like to be prepared!
juliewilson2412
UKFM Newbie

Re: Medical assessments with Atos

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

From the moment you enter the medical centre or wherever they are holding your assessment act as if it's your worst day take all relevant documentation from your multi disciplinary medical team. It does also depend on how your fibro and if you have any other conditions effect you also a list of all your medication that your on.
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm

You shouldn,t tell them about just your worst day as that is lying!You should tell them what you are like on an average day as that is basically what they are asking.Remember honesty is the best policy and liars always get found out in the end!Hope this is the advice you were asking for......Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby Terilassie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Rheumatoid arthritis UK website gives you all the things you need to do n say and what you need etc. I hope you get it :)
Terilassie
UKFM Newbie

Postby striveon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Considering Atos are notorious for finding the majority of people fit for work when 75% of decisions get overturned on appeal, I am inclined to agree that describing your worst day is the way forward. The sheer process made me so stressed there was no need to pretend on the day of my tribunal. I had no representative but my son came for support, I wrote a letter which the judge applauded me on,and I won with 18 pts, there's a facebook page called black triangle and they may be able to help, you could ask them for the score sheet it explains how they calculate your illness and its very useful, I wish I had seen a copy before my medical. Good luck, don't let the bastards grind you down.
striveon
UKFM Newbie

Postby leetankers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 am

I think you are missing the point I am making here.If everyone described their worst day there would be no money left in the country due to millions of people receiving pip!We all need to manage our conditions better and stop moaning and trying to squeeze every penny out of the system.If you are genuinely ill then you needn,t worry about anything as atos or whoever do your assessment will see that and you will receive what is due to you.They are good people and also very professional despite what some people are saying on this forum...............Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 am

I think you will find that the stress and anxiety, travel etc will ask ensure by the time your getting to your appointment you will be having a bad day, just go prepared with all relevant information. If your asked to do something that will either cause pain there and then or later tell them, they don't read minds :) tell them everything, even if your embarrassed!

Lee, with all due respect, if the medical interviews were fair why do so many people win a tribunal after being refused pip?

Maybe they should claw back some money from benefit cheats rather than deny those most in need of help?
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby leetankers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 am

I do get what you are saying Zoomie but you must remember also that the assessor has come to that decision and they must have had reason to!You say about appealing but fail to mention how many millions the appeal system costs the country!We should all be concentrating on our good days more I know I do,then when I am having a really bad day I think of how many people are far worse than me!.............Lee
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby karen 0308 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 am

Hi this is my first time on this forum, I have just filled my PIP form out. I have sent as much info as I can. How long will I have to wait for a decision? I will also be attending clinical psychology and going to see mental health Dr for my depression as it is severe. My head was spinning after filling the pip for out, I was totally drained and exhausted, Did anyone else feel like that? I am off work on sick at the moment, as my walking is bad due to this fibro and depression. I am trying my hardest to get well and to do things around the home, my husband is one in a million, he goes to work fulltime and comes home to cook evening meal. He also cleans the house all the things I should be doing. The down side of this is I have to get up as early as 4am so my husband can help get me dressed then I sit downstairs on recliner chair until it is time to get my teenage son up for school. I feel really ashamed and upset even angry with myself that I cannot do these things, I used to be so active never sitting down for long and now look at me! I know I am one of the lucky ones as I have a great GP as well. My GP has researched fibro as he is trying to understand what this illness is and how he can help me and his other patients. I found out I had fibro about 2yrs ago but had been suffering at least 10 yrs plus. Had some rubbish advice from other GP's telling me to take painkillers and rub voltrol cream on my legs and back, at first it did take a small amount of swelling and pain down but omg I didn't really know what was wrong with me until I was diagnosed with fibro, I didn't understand what was happening to me when the pain was intense. I am glad I have been diagnosed with fibro, at least I now know I wasn't going mad!! I have a lovely next door neighbour she is brilliant, she does my ironing and pops in or phones me to make sure I am ok and don't need anything. Thanks for reading this and hopefully things will get better for each and everyone of us 8-) 8-) x
karen 0308
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindilou » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 am

Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby momsy05 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Well said FluppyPuffy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:42 pm

:mrgreen: Many thanks fluppyPuffy :mrgreen:
Lindilou

Postby zoomie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits