PIP, I need the form and I would advise you......

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP, I need the form and I would advise you......

Postby Ribbonsrabbit » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 am

I need a copy of the PIP form so if anybody can send me a link for an online form, just to read it, that would be super fantastic.
I have not read the rest of this thread so do not know what advice has been given but I am going to give this advice to all.
I worked in social services for 2 decades and for 10 years in a qualified social work post so I have a good working knowledge of legal documents.

I STRONGLY advise ALL PIP applicants to request a form to complete and to NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION VIA TELEPHONE INTERVIEW.

The reasons?
The PIP application is a LEGAL DOCUMENT.
If *at any point* you are questioned regarding the answers you gave over your cornflakes, chances of you remembering word for words are between slim and none.

When you are 'interviewed' over the phone, you, as a DISABLED PERSON LIABLE TO BRAIN FOG, might be liable to blurt out random rubbish because in terms of psychology and human behaviour (yeah I studied those to degree level as well) we want to conform and be accepted and to please. That is NOT the way to best apply for a benefit.

You need the time to consider your response to each question and also to get advice from the many charities and legal services out there.

You will be required to supply evidence. Collate all hospital reports and other professionals reports. Submit those that are relevant and be careful about what you submit. I, personally, recently reapplied for DLA and did not submit a certain surgeons report.... why? He advised me to be *more careful*. I prolapsed two discs in my spine sitting on the sofa and one of them exploded two weeks later sitting on the bed. I asked him how much more *careful* than sitting down he wanted me to be.

I cannot explain without using expletives exactly how helpful he was and what I thought of his advice to be more careful than sitting down..... Gosh but I so badly want to say the man was a word beginning with f and ending in uckwit that it hurts, but not as badly as my spine which was basically beyond surgical repair and totally another word starting with f.

I need the PIP application form. I need to read it so I can help a close friend who is as yet undiagnosed with FM.
He has heart failure and an aneurysm and could die at any time and they expect him to work... he cannot walk 100 metres without a pump to breathe and I feel physically sick because if I cant help him.... he will die.

I do think he might have FM also because of the depression, headaches, generalised pain and total exhaustion but even if he hasnt I IMPLORE YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us....

I need a copy of the PIP application to help him apply for help because he is literally suicidal after being called for a work group interview which he is mentally unable to cope with.

His health issues are complex and many are undiagnosed due to his literal inability to cope with people and the demands placed upon him in social situation.

I have given you my best advice as a social worker now people PLEASE PLEASE help us.

I know the DLA application form but need a copy of the PIP one so I can carry him through it.
I can tell you that this man literally cant get out of bed some days because of total depression and exhaustion. He is the most kind, giving and generous person who has not claimed DLA despite being in stage 4 heart failure and now is expected to work?

He is not a pity party. By gosh it has taken me almost a year to persuade him to deal with the idea of DLA only to find PIP.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs a little clearer for easier reading.
Ribbonsrabbit
UKFM Member

Re: PIP, I need the form and I would advise you......

Postby clavadal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:29 am

I think the only way to get the form is to ring and request it, ive searched the internet at that seems to be the only way, ring them to log the claim then they send you a form if you don't want to do it over the phone x
clavadal
UKFM Newbie

Postby zoomie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 am

I think this has a sample form hon xx

http://www.dsdni.gov.uk/print/index/ssa ... -forms.htm

Good luck, I think terminal cases are fast tracked xxx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby Ribbonsrabbit » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:32 am

zoomie wrote:I think this has a sample form hon xx

If I cannot help him change the desperate situation he is in..... then.... I cant say the word terminal but he does need more than one surgical procedure and he wont have it if he hasnt got a reason to live.
Zoomie thank you for helping me because we all need a reason .... dont we.xx.
Ribbonsrabbit
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:36 am

Your so welcome lovely, we all need someone like you too! xxx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby Ribbonsrabbit » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:13 am

Ribbonsrabbit wrote:
zoomie wrote:I think this has a sample form hon xx

If I cannot help him change the desperate situation he is in..... then.... I cant say the word terminal but he does need more than one surgical procedure and he wont have it if he hasnt got a reason to live.
Zoomie thank you for helping me because we all need a reason .... dont we.xx.

[/quoteZoomie I cannot thank you enough, its perfect.xx.
Ribbonsrabbit
UKFM Member

Postby padders » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:47 am

Hi i have had to do phone interview as well as form was told they part do it iver phone then send you out the firm as well to fill in. U have a month ti get it back to them. There is tuns to fill in on it.
padders
UKFM Member

Postby Nutradiva » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:51 pm

I have recently rang DWP to ask for a form and they have said that I they do not send them out and that I have to complete it on line. I don't like the idea of having to do it on line so don't know what to do.
Nutradiva
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:06 am

Nutradiva wrote:I have recently rang DWP to ask for a form and they have said that I they do not send them out and that I have to complete it on line. I don't like the idea of having to do it on line so don't know what to do.

I cannot understand why they said that :-? they complete the personal information over the phone to you like address. bank details etc then they send the form out for you to complete but if you wish to do it online then its your choice.

I would call them back up and ask why and ask again for a form to be sent
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Ribbonsrabbit » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:50 pm

*Lisa* wrote:
Nutradiva wrote:I have recently rang DWP to ask for a form and they have said that I they do not send them out and that I have to complete it on line. I don't like the idea of having to do it on line so don't know what to do.

I cannot understand why they said that :-? they complete the personal information over the phone to you like address. bank details etc then they send the form out for you to complete but if you wish to do it online then its your choice.

I would call them back up and ask why and ask again for a form to be sent

Ok, I read the stuff about PIP and on their website they said that when you call you will be asked questions and need information collated, sorry, cant remember exactly what but know they wanted documents like bank details etc.
I also know that by calling them up it will start the clock ticking. So the time you are allotted to fill in and return the forms start the moment you make contact.
What I wanted to do was to be able to take all the mystery out of the application form and give him time to mentally get his head around the idea and feel able to cope BEFORE making contact, so thats why I wanted the phone.
Plus he literally is going to have a complete brain meltdown just dialling the number to get the form so I am doing all I can to remove obstacles and to shine a light on the process so that he doesnt break.
I personally didnt just fill in forms but actually formatted most of the workplace documents in my last job but because I also have severe ADHD, depression and am lurching from fm flare to fm flare.... I was incapable of filling in my own forms. I can do them for someone else... but was literally crippled with fear and procrastination and felt totally overwhelmed and it affected my self esteem and my stress levels went through the roof, causes a breakout of psoriasis. And I did this stuff for a job!
So how other people get through a 40 page form .... it is a trial by fire and the potential price of failure is so high.
Anyways, the website regarding pip inferred that the form would be done on the phone and maybe my ADHD brain missed something but I had no reason to think otherwise but also what an insane way to go about things and how vulnerable people would be. Glad to hear I am wrong though exactly what questions they ask are still likely to send many people into a total panic and I think its a cruel way to go about applying for a benefit for a vulnerable client group. Not good practice, not at all and it does not sound moral or ethical.
And thanks again to the wonderful Zoomie for the link to the form. That was more helpful than you could ever know. My friend actually said to me today that what I have done so far has been incredible and that was only possible because of all the people who have helped and supported me and the people who heard me when I asked for help.
At the moment being called for a work group interview is causing him to shut down inside and he needs a reason to get up in the morning and he needs to feel like he can overcome the demands being thrown at him when just day to day living is a massive struggle.
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
Thank you again.xx.
Ribbonsrabbit
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Wishing your friend well and hoping he can hold it together to get through all the trials and tribulations he seems to be facing
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ribbonsrabbit » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:20 am

denys wrote:Wishing your friend well and hoping he can hold it together to get through all the trials and tribulations he seems to be facing

Thank you so much for your kind words and all the info.xx.
Ribbonsrabbit
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits